Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any apple experts??
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Ram on my 2009 macbook along with upgrading it to snow leopard. It is running VERY slowly at the moment and it is just driving me insane.
    Anyway having watched a few videos it seems fairly straight forward to remove and insert new memory. So, basically i just need someone to tell me what will work with my laptop. Will this work? Would it make more sense to increase it up to 8gb while i was at it? If so would you recommend anything in particular? I am hoping to keep it running for a fair few years!!!

Many thanks, any information would be a great help.

maccruiskeen

go to crucial memory’s website – they have a thingy that scans your system online and recommends the correct memory for it, and also let you know what the maximum that it can have fitted will be.

That said…. if theres been a noticable drop in speed and you’ve not changed your software made greater demands on the machine it might be an issue other than memory. Have you tried running disk utility and checking permissions and stuff like that?

tails
    Free Member

as above use the crucial website and use youtube to make sure you change it properly.

Highland28
    Free Member

Thanks guys, to be fair the is a lot of stuff on the system now!!! I use it pretty much everyday for uni work, I have backed it all up on hard-drives too!! It has been an on going problem gradually getting slower but in the last month or 2 it got worse, probably with all the design software i have had to be putting on it.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Ask Tim Cook.

IA

IIRC 4Gb is the max on that model, so 8Gb aint an option. Lion upgrade might speed things up a bit too.

zilog6128

If you’re sure you’ve still got sufficient free disk space (5-10%) then rapidly degrading performance on a Mac is an indicator that the HDD is on it’s way out. You would be unlucky to only get just over 2 years out of it but this is a very probable cause of your problem.

packer
    Free Member

How much free disk space do you have?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any apple experts??’ is closed to new replies.