• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by v10.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Any amazing clearance frame deals about?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I am looking for a good 5″ full suspension frame, anyone know of any truly amazing clearance deals about, 50% off or greater??

wwaswas

50% off how much to start with?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

try pauls cycles

loddrik
    Free Member

Don’t want to spend much more than £700 really, not too bothered if the frame is a previous model…

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Buy a Giant Trance X from Wiggle for £850 (plus get £50 voucher)
    Sell redundant parts and recoup £2-300.Hey presto brand new frame for considerably less than your budget.

wwaswas

sounds like a good plan from JGG!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Brand new Pipedream Torero is £699 I think.

MrSmith
    Free Member

moose cycles have this complete trance bike for £999
    http://www.moosecycles.com/products.php?plid=m3b8s1p87

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

there were some intense around awhile back, can’t remember the shop that had them though.

anyone?

pate
    Free Member

Cycle Surgery had some but I think they’re all gone now. Maybe worth giving them a call.

mickasaki
    Free Member

may be worth trying rutland cycles, i got a wolf ridge frame for £400, that was a couple of months back though. they did say that they had a few at the time.

Andy

Fat treads are selling off 2007 Titus Motolites for £1300 – which is a pretty good deal – well I thought so 😉

v10
    Free Member

mickasaki – weve sold out of the wolf ridge frames now

Got some Yetis coming in in the next few days that will be nicely priced.

Also if youve got the capital availible to do it then there are certainly a few offer full bikes out there at the moment that you could split down and sell the parts on and end up with the frame for very little. With the price rises at the moment, brand new second hand (as daft as that sounds) kit is making decent money atm.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

there were some intense around awhile back, can’t remember the shop that had them though.

Cycleworks

sodandy
    Free Member

Check out these Maverick frames – http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/index.html?action=search
    Fantastic frames even at full retail!

deadlyhifi
    Free Member
    IA

It’s not new, but it’s in great condition, and it is a good 5″ frame http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-prophet-frame-large-350

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks lads, to be honest I saw the maverick a couple of days ago and that seems to be far the best deal, when I bought the 575 I nearly bought an ML7/5 and wasn’t sure I had bought the right bike so looks like I will go for one now I have sold the 575.

Plus, I had Maverick forks on both my bikes and only have good things to say about them.

Plus the frame is white too, which I quite like….

snotrag

Woah woah there – Wolf Ridge frames? Since when have these been available as frames? Been after one and pestering Atb sales for a while with no joy. More info please!

ajr
    Free Member

I have a couple of ex demo Ventana frames at 50% discount.

loddrik
    Free Member

ajr, tell me more, I take it you are are a bikeshop? (not literally obviously)

chakaping
    Free Member

Definitely worth condsidering buying a whole bike and flogging the parts off.

Did that with a Reign myself a few weeks ago and after selling wheels, fork and brakes the frame is currently costing me about £600 – with seatpost, saddle, bb, rear mech, front mech, stem, bars and crankset all either utilised, kept as spares or still to be sold.

v10
    Free Member

Snotrag Wolfridge frames were the 2007 Versions.

Tbh we could probably do one more (but weve only got smalls left) – weve just been splitting a few down full bikes (as we got so many at the time) into a few build kits to put onto a few frames we had left over and also onto some frames to run as demo bikes. They just sold a lot quicker than i expected £400 for a frame with a £330 rear shock probably has something to do with it!

Those Mavericks are an absolute steal – i looked at taking the lot from Extra aswell i dunno why i just didnt fancy them at the time, you win some you lose some! :o(

Yetis have arrived – some decent prices on the 08 turq 575s and i got a couple of ARC’s too but i might have to treat myself to one of these!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Any amazing clearance frame deals about?’ is closed to new replies.