• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any alternatives to Bluetac
  • Trekster

For sticking things to walls etc?

Cougar

Scotch / 3M do sticky pad things that you can remove by pulling a tab at the bottom; I’ve got some coat hook affairs that use the same pads. Work quite well.

Drac

White Tack 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Magnolia Tac?

crikey
    Free Member

Bogies.

sugdenr
    Free Member

just discovered the little gel blobs like stuff they stick credit cards to paper when they post it to, basically synthetic snot

maccruiskeen

what sort of things do you want to stick to the wall and why do you need and alternative to blutac? Whats the problem that blutac is creating or not solving?

Black tack is used in film and TV, its a lot sticker than blutac but also quite difficult to get off cleanly, and tends too to be sold it pretty large quantities, more than you could ever find a use for around the house

Stickier still is Butyl Strip

If you want less sticky than blutac, or easier to remove cleanly then Museum Putty / Museum Wax.

Trekster

maccruiskeen – Member
    what sort of things do you want to stick to the wall and why do you need and alternative to blutac? Whats the problem that blutac is creating or not solving?

My creative daughter has some cardboard people she is trying to stick to a wall using Bluetac, they keep falling down. School art project.
    Black tack looks like it’ll do the job. Tesco do a no-nails version and there is something similar on Amazon.
    Cheers.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

So I had about-, about a ten yard loop of green snot, you know, between my nose and the wall and I suddenly panicked ’cause I know the Guinness Book of Records requires verification. So I called Dolly …..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Derek & Clive??

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

correct

matther01
    Free Member

3m magic tape

JoeG
    Free Member

Duct tape! 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any alternatives to Bluetac’ is closed to new replies.