Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any 26 inch fork bargains?
  • gribble
    Free Member

Looking for a fork that has:

140 mm travel min (max 160mm)
    Two travel heights if possible
    15/20 mm axle fine
    Preferably 26in specific, but could go 150mm and get a 27.5

Am thinking about getting a beefier fork for a BFe build; I would prefer something with beefier uppers than my Revs.

Any suggestions?

slackboy

Honestly? I’d get a 27.5 fork – about 10mm difference and you’ve got a future proofed fork if you change the frame. They are cheaper than the equivalent 26″ fork.

Not sure about bargains but chain reaction were good when I got my 26″ reba’s a couple of weeks ago. Should have bought 27.5 versions though. 🙄

cloudnine
    Free Member

650b Dual position Pikes were £399 @ Merlin

andyg1966

Ive got some 2011 Fox Floats

140mm, Tapered Steerer, 15mm Axle. OEM of an 18″ 2011 Orange Five

Yours for the cost of the postage.

New seals, unscratched stanchions. Been on my shelf for 3 years after I went to Pikes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^^ hard to beat that offer !

OP I run my BFe (26 from 2012) with swtichable 110-150 Sektors, I think 140 would be a great spot and a bit beefier than the Sektors would be good too. So basically I am endorsing your choice.

vinnyeh

andyg1966, not to hijack, but if the op doesn’t want those, could I put in an offer please- I’m after some cheap forks for a bike for my lad?

gribble
    Free Member

Andy, wow. Many thanks. I would certainly be up for that, that is very kind.

Will try and PM you.

Chris

Stevet1
    Free Member

Check around for offers on Manitou Mattoc’s, great forks.

daviek

I bought a second hand set of 650b pikes from here for my 26″ Bfe, they are 150mm and have the same axel to crown measurement as a 26″ 160mm pike.

If you’re struggling to get 26″ forks you want I’d not be worried about fitting a 650b set

Stevet1
    Free Member

If you’re struggling to get 26″ forks you want I’d not be worried about fitting a 650b set

Offset is normally different though, whether you notice it or not but the fact that manufacturers went to the trouble to reduce the offset for 650b makes me think I’d rather have a 26″ fork when running 26″ wheels.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any 26 inch fork bargains?’ is closed to new replies.