Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Antur Stiniog's shut – Any alternative's? Stile Cop?
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

A gang of us from the North West were booked on at Stinky Dog for some DH shenanigans this Thursday but it’s fallen victim to the weather.

Looking for an alternative – anyone ridden Stile Cop in the last few days? If so, how are the trails riding? Much ice or snow?

Any other DH suggestions? Would have preferred an uplift but i’m guessing all the usual suspects are snowed off?

Cheers all.

iain1775
    Free Member

Cannock was hit bad with snow last weekend main centre car park etc at birches valley have been shut since Friday, Facebook updates saying large possibility of fallen trees over trails etc, dunno about stile cop specifically but would imagine its a no go maybe check on chasetrails.co.uk, follow link to forum, then downhill forum
    How about Hales Superbowl, Tattenhall, Cheshire, or you could enter the races at Farmer Johns 😉

satchm00
    Free Member

Not been up there in past few days.

Depends if there is anymore snow fall. I’ve always found it good generally in that area. Fine in areas which get sunshine just be careful of shaded bits. Icey roots are always fun 😉

You could give local bike shop a ring tomorrow? They will know best hopefully 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Forest of Dean? I believe it’s open and the uplift is running.

Maybe Cwmcarn though uplift was closed as of 25th but they were going to do an update shortly. Just depends on how icy the road is I assume.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback all.

Looking out the window at the snow falling and thinking that emigrating may be a better option………..

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

^ Emigrating… Tell me about it, so ready for summer right now

scruff
    Free Member

Folk were snowboarding at Stile Cop at the weekend. Cant see it being decently rideable on a bike by the weekend. 😥

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Antur Stiniog's shut – Any alternative's? Stile Cop?’ is closed to new replies.