Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Antur Stiniog – will I kill my P7?
  • highclimber
    Free Member

or myself? off there next month and my mate suggested I might need some pads. either that says something about my riding ability or the venue and (I think it’s the former!)

whaddya think. should I pre-order a new frame/ambulance

ton

i am going next month on my old 456…….fingers crossed i wont break it……. 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

what date? we’ve booked the morning of 20th oct.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I was on an uplift day on Thursday and there where lots of people on hardtails apart from pinch flats due to low pressure in back tires all seemed to cope with no problems.

highclimber
    Free Member

Thanks for that. looking forward to it.

mmel
    Free Member

I had a great afternoon there last Friday riding the Piglet with my mate on his Genesis. Really great fun, especially on hard tails! We stuck to the blue and red runs with a bit of black at the end (after the bridge). We’ll have to try to main black runs next time.

Take plenty of tubes if your not tubeless – pinch flats are inevitable and I’d recommend some pads, just in case….

It’s a great place, really well organised by a nice bunch. It’s great to come to the end of a run and have the bus just pull in to take you back up.

Cross country what…?

kayak23

Yeah, my Prince Albert loves it but agree on the pinch flats. Had five on the black run….at once.
    Defo wear pads, why wouldn’t you… Full face helmet advisable too. Its rocky.

philfive
    Free Member

quick question.

people are saying you need a full face to ride the 2 blacks and that it says so at the top of the run on a sign, i cant find this on the website.

anybody know if this is true?

Roblilly
    Free Member

I think you only need a full face for the harder of the 2 black runs. I rode the red, blue and first black on my Bfe with knee pads and a piss pot (plus clothes, of course) it was fine but my calfs felt battered from the rocks after a few runs.

If I owned a full face, I would have worn it.

HTH

philfive
    Free Member

I’d rather not buy one but I want to ride all the tracks, thing is if I can still ride at least one of the blacks then that’s good enough for me. 15 runs spread across 4 tracks doesn’t give me lots of runs to master each one 😀

thanks for the advice.

Bagstard
    Free Member

The hardest black wasn’t open when I was there, so I mostly rode Black powder. Bear in mind you ride these tracks pretty damned fast and there is nothing but rock to land on, no loam or mud. Your face, your choice. Oh and 15 runs is pretty optimistic, I was battered after 12 on a big full suss, bike and body take quite a pounding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Antur Stiniog – will I kill my P7?’ is closed to new replies.