Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • ANTS!!!!!!
  • giantx4
    Free Member

Noticed a few ants around the house last week or two, but got up this morn & kitchen has a few more swarming round the cats food bowl!!!.. How do i wipe out the little buggers?!?!? Any help would be good thanks ….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tactical Nuclear Weapons….

Ant Rid etc around where they run – the idea is it carries back to the nest and kills that. Best bet is to find the nest and get rid (if you can)

In the mean time leave no food out and clean everyhthing

piemonster

Got rid of ours last year by pressure washing the patio. They did not like that.

qwerty
    Free Member

You need an Anteater.

piemonster

Everybody needs an Anteater

Maybe an Alpaca too

zokes
    Free Member

You need an echidna!

A very determined echidna by Mark-Farrell, on Flickr

alanf
    Free Member

Eucalyptus oil, find where they’re getting in and dose. If you don’t have any, Olbas oil will do the trick too. It worked for me.

samuri
    Free Member

Throw some apples into next doors garden.

Or if you don’t like that idea, put some apples outside your house, that way they’ll find food before they come inside. (Assuming their nest isn’t inside)

If you do find their nest then pouring some boiling water down there should sort them out.[1]

[1] Unless their queen has been eating radioactive material and is 19 foot long. You’re on your own then buddy.

nealy
    Free Member

giantx4
    Free Member

Haha a little naepalm even!??.. Boom

giantx4
    Free Member

Drac

You’ve been warned.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNb16Er1Wdk[/video]

TPTcruiser

We had ants last year in our office, not that many but enough to catch the eye and divert attention away from screens.
    Food sources are the key, once they find a nearer better food source then you won’t see them. Disrupt their foraging now by keeping the area round the cat’s bowl clean and they may drop in numbers.
    Don’t feed the cat, let it eat ants.

gonzy
    Free Member

found a similar problem on our front porch last summer so i tried the ant powder that seemed to do the trick, but they then came back a week later…one of my neighbors suggested multi surface cleaner like flash…so long as it has bleach in there…used it and we’ve not had the problem since

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ant trap

Have Ants from time to time in the house so I leave these under the kitchen units, has done the trick quite quickly, and pet safe (i think)

stuey
    Free Member

– Yep best go with the apple / honey / ant trap – nuking them has variable mileage..

teasel
    Free Member

I declared chemical warfare on ants many years ago. Sitting and watching all the little sods rescue their mates who’d had the unfortunate experience of making contact with the Powder Of Death and, in their heroic quest, became contaminated themselves, eventually making it back to the nest where they continued to further contaminate the rest of the colony. Bloody gruesome, TBH, but if that’s what you’re after…

I’ve taken to capturing the scouts and hurling them from a window or door just so they can report back that my home is unsuitable foraging ground. They seem to get the message eventually.

McHamish
    Free Member

I tried using these little white trays where you put some clear liquid from a tube in, and the ants were supposed to take it back to the nest and kill their Ant Overlords. Didn’t work, just ended up with a load of dead ants surrounding each tray, but the ants came back a couple of days later.

Then we tried ant powder bought from wilkos and scattered that around their nest exit holes…haven’t seen any ants since and that was a couple of years ago.

Helios
    Free Member

I say take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure…

giantx4
    Free Member

Ok guys just got home,… No sign of the critters round cat bowl… Maybe all the “kill” talk today has scared em into next door??

properbikeco
    Free Member

go and buy some borax, then mix with icing sugar and a little hot water.
    put this down near to where they enter the building

you will never see them again and the stuff is relatively harmless to most other things

CountZero

It’s the only answer!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ANTS!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.