Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Antibiotics and training
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Any doctors/dentists on here?

I’ve got a wisdom tooth infection, has spread to throat and ear.

Been on penacilin since Sunday and it’s got the tiniest bit better but certainly not improving loads.

Been back to see a dentist (my usual one was on holiday today) and she’s prescribed me some metronidozol (excise my medical spellings).

Anyway, is it safe to hit a few hiit sessions whilst on these or am I likely to make them less effective?

I feel fine in myself other than in my mouth and ear.

Really don’t want to sit for a week doing nothing.

Cheers

scaredypants

Can’t see that the drug will make much difference to this but if you’re in doubt and not feeling 100% anyway, there is some ground in-between HIIT and doing nothing for a week 😀

Funny taste in the mouth, sometimes makes folk puke, occasionally “feel a bit weird” – that sort o’shit generally

here you go

martinhutch

Not likely to make an antibiotic less effective. But metronidozol and the underlying infection could well make you less effective, and you should be careful about your capacity to exercise, particularly high intensity, while it’s floating around your system.

As above, I’m sure there’s something slightly less intense you could do to gauge your levels of fatigue, any variation in heart rate vs unmedicated exercise.

mjsmke

I had a bad tooth ache a while back before having a filling done and found intense exercise made it throb quite a bit with the increase in HR so you might get that. I cant imagine the antibiotics will be less effective.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Antibiotics and training’ is closed to new replies.