• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nach.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anti-perspirant help!
  • prezet
    Free Member

Silly topic I know – but pretty much all the anti-perspirant I use ends up wrecking my t-shirts by forming hard, crusty areas under the arm pits. It doesn’t seem to wash out either. Eventually I have to throw them out.

Can anyone recommend any that washes out easily and works?

onandon
    Free Member

Sure maximum protection stick.
    You need very little to do the job. I found with sprays they get all caked up and flake off.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I had exactly the same issue and it ruined some of my best t-shirts. I tried letting it dry before getting dressed, tried applying the night before and different brands but it still happened.

I now use DriClor which has solved the issue completely. I apply it before bed and it lasts for ages. You need to build it up early days so every night but soon you only need apply every few weeks.

I then just use a deodorant to smell nice and they don’t leave the crusty white stuff

cranberry
    Free Member

Either Michum or Dove, with Dove being better because Michum tends to be quite dusty as it dries.

I tried DriClor – if you put it on “wrong” it forms hyrdochoric acid, which smarts somewhat.

joebristol

What is actually happening here?! Some deodorants don’t work very well / stay wet for me, but can’t say I’ve ruined any t shirts.

Are your t shirts very tight under the arm pits?

Personally I don’t get on with roll ons – always use sprays. Currently on sure 48 hour stuff in a purple can.

Don’t rate Dove / Men Expert – but Sure and Right Guard have some ok ones. Tend to find the ones that don’t work are ones that claim to be invisible or cooling / refreshing.

prezet
    Free Member

Are your t shirts very tight under the arm pits?

I’d say they’re fitted – not loose and baggy.

Someone said another alternative might be to shave armpits?! Not sure the missus would like me pinching her leg razors 😀

prawny

Mitchum stick for me, leaves a white residue but only after couple of days and washes out easily.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I used to use AP but it always felt uncomfortable and wrecked clothes. Haven’t used it for years and just use body spray. I make sure I wear fresh shirts every day and shower every morning. I don’t smell (my wife would be the first to tell me I am sure!) and don’t get sweat patches unless I’m exercising or something.

prezet
    Free Member

@newrobdob that is an option, however I can only see the likes of Lynx for body spray.

mattyfez

I use dove clean comfort or nivia invisible black and white.

Don’t need to plaster it on either, just a half second blast under each arm.

doubleu
    Free Member

Nivia Silver Protect anti perspirant spray. Let it dry before getting dressed. I’ve tried loads of different ones and this one is the bees knees.

petec
    Free Member

Pitrok

it’ll just kill the bacteria that produces the smell.

globalti
    Free Member

Sprays spray too much and roll-ons roll too much because the manufacturers want you to use the product fast. Mitchum unperfumed used to be well-balanced but the ball was tight; they made it a tiny bit smaller and now your armpits get soaked and it runs out sooner. I apply then wipe off with a handful of bog paper so that my pits are dry when I put on my shirt and I don’t seem to be getting the crusty shirt problem.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at alternative deodorants recently. Haven’t tried pitrock yet since it’s still aluminium, but I have used an essential oil one from Waitrose. Expensive, and doesn’t completely eliminate smell, but it makes it pretty manageable.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

i’d recommend Oxiclean or other such brands to remove stubborn pit stains. changing the type of deodorant helps too.

How to remove stains

scotia
    Free Member

i only use this now since 2010… deo

free shipping so i take 5 at a time.

works brilliantly.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks all – will try some of the alternatives others are using!

scotia
    Free Member

i use the ocean one, and it has a light scent but nothing really. i dont sweat too much anymore and there is no alu.. i spent a while experimenting! my T’s were the same as yours – now nothing..

verses

I like the Nivia ones that are like a big Pritt Stick (Pit-stick if you will). Easy to control how much you put on and dries fairly quick.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I use the L’oreal shirt protector antiperspirant

kerley
    Free Member

I now use DriClor which has solved the issue completely. I apply it before bed and it lasts for ages. You need to build it up early days so every night but soon you only need apply every few weeks.

Solved it for me. I had overactive sweat glands in armpits from teens to late twenties when I discovered DriClor. Now just apply it every 3 months or so. I don’t use any deodorant as I don’t sweat under the arms at all now so don’t actually need any as long as you wash once a day!

bodgy
    Free Member

I use a Pitrok, as I wanted an unscented men’s deodorant. It’s fab; you have to wipe it onto ‘damp’ (read really quite damp) clean armpits and let it dry/hairdryer it. Bit pricey but lasts forever.

nach
    Free Member

I had the same problem. This works to get the crusty horrible stuff out of fabric, but for me it took two washes and some scrubbing it in with an old toothbrush before each:

Home

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anti-perspirant help!’ is closed to new replies.