Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anti-midge cool base layer suggestions
  • AndrewBF
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to the Kielder 100 in Sept, but have just had a terrible realisation of the menace of midges. I've been attacked relentlessly before by the beasts and don't want a repeat, especially when I'll already have enough to contend with.

So I'll be stocking up on DEET & Avon products but really want to be covering as much of my legs / arms / neck as possible without boiling myself in the process.

I was in the local outdoors shop yesterday and looked at the HH base layers – which have different temperature ranges. Apparently HH do a base layer for 'cool' i.e. keeping you cool at 15-25C ambient temperature. The shop had none in stock and a trawl of the regular sites doesn't show up anything similar.

Has anyone had experience of these base layers? Or any other good suggestions for keeping the midges at bay?

marty
    Free Member

just keep moving.

marty
    Free Member

thought i'd try to be more helpful…

how about arm warmers? stick them on in the morning and if you have to stop in a midge-y spot – whip 'em off when you get hot. something under your helmet to protect your scalp – that's what normally does for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anti-midge cool base layer suggestions’ is closed to new replies.