Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anti-Climb Paint
  • MrGoriff
    Free Member

After having one of my bikes stolen from my shed, I've built up the wall where I think they got into my garden. Has anyone used Anti-Climb/Security paint to top their walls, and is it effective ? It sounds good, non drying paint which is very hard to remove.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It sounds good, non drying paint which is very hard to remove.

I've never used it but I can't imagine it would stop a determined bike thief.

wwaswas

as above – anyone who's determined will just throw a blanket over the painted bits but it will stop your casual opportunist so for not much money is probably worth doing.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I scaled a few walls coated in it in my youth to use the local youth club's skate ramp in the evening.

It does naff all, it's only purpose is for a short term aid in identifying if someone has been over said wall recently as they are still stained with it assuming they haven't washed or changed their clothes.

You'd be better off coating it with axle grease and stopping the buggers getting a grip.

Pook

or glue, then broken shards of glass, rusty nails and arsenic.

😈

dave_aber
    Free Member

and dogshit.

Speshpaul

If you put anything like that up, you'll have to fit signs as well warning people. Otherwise little johnny thief will sue you.

Try erecting 600mm of trellis on top of the wall. Its generally unstable and people don't like climb over it.

Carpediem
    Free Member

If I had a garage and stored my bikes there, I'd also keep a very bad tempered, large dog in there in the evening…anyone do this?

Dinger
    Free Member

No because they burgled my house instead as the dog was locked away in the garage

xcgb
    Free Member

You cant put it anywhere below 6' high AFAIK

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Try erecting 600mm of trellis on top of the wall. Its generally unstable and people don't like climb over it.

Spot on mate, home office best practise for burglary reduction.

Have a gold star 😀

Chase
    Free Member

Similar problem here…..

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-me-some-vicious-nasty-spikey-outdoor-plants

The planters are now bedded nicely on top of the wall. They just remain empty of plants at the moment.

They used anti-climb paint at my kids school on top of the perimeter stone walls but it seems to have soaked into the stone and dried up. It could do with more been applied.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

How about a burmese tiger pit?

Edric64
    Free Member

Plant pyracantha it has bloody huge spikes and is far better than glass etc.You can't get sued for having plants in the garden it really is nasty stuff.

br
    Free Member

I have gripper rod across the top all my fences (all shared, nobody minded) – initially done as I was sick to death of cats crapping in my garden when my kids were little – but its a basic deterrent.

atlaz
    Free Member

or plant bamboo. Stuff grows crazy fast and is really dense once in. I'd recommend growing it in barrels though because once it's in, its REALLY hard to shift.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anti-Climb Paint’ is closed to new replies.