Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • anthem x1 or the trance x
  • ef52
    Free Member

hi all, as you may of guessed im im having a bit of trouble deciding which one would best suit my needs. i would say 60 per cent of my riding will be trails ie Glentress and cannock ,but i want to get more adventerous round the scottish highlands.could the anthem cope?

robhughes
    Free Member

Trance.

timc
    Free Member

trance

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Have you ridden both? Your trail conditions are very different to mine, but FWIW I went Trance X.

I demoed the Anthem X as I was looking for a 29er option to replicate my raceable XC 26er, however I hated the handling and while the rear suspension was very capable it felt a touch too firm.

I then demoed the Trance X just because I was curious to try a trail bike. The handling felt almost like my 26er and the Maestro system controls that amount of travel pretty much unnoticed on the climbs, and the longer legs are a blast. It changed my thinking to having a trail bike and my existing XC bike, rather than 2 XC bikes. This extends my riding opportunities especially as I’m getting older and quite a bit slower now.

giantx4
    Free Member

Trance of course

mtbfix

For what you say you’ll be riding, Trance. Much as I love my Anthem I am trying to soften it a bit from its XC roots to make it a bit more friendly when you hit the steeper, twistier stuff.

campfreddie
    Free Member

trance. quite possibly the default option for anyone wanting a full sus but unsure what to get.

robhughes
    Free Member

Trance for sure.Love mine more than my custom spicy. 😀

Even better with this and dual flow shoved into the pike. 😉

giantx4
    Free Member

Buy trance… U know it makes sense….

andypaul99
    Free Member

If your style of riding is pushing limits / bigger drops more knarly downhill then the trance is the boy, if climbing and going fast XC is your forte look no further than the anthem.

ef52
    Free Member

thank you all, the trance it will be!! show me more of your trances please,they are a lovely looking bike

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Anthem copes well with most things thrown at it.. u want “hard core” ?
    get Trance..

joshbosh12
    Free Member

Trance, i’ve had mine a year and i love it! It climbs excellently and descents like a champion!

robhughes
    Free Member

ef52.Be sure to put 140 forks on the trance if you get one.It completely changes the bike.Slackens it off a bit and it handles 100% better.Iv,e even tried 150 rtl ti revs on it but prefer the modded pikes. Mine has a 3mm offset top bush as well.Rides like a dream.That is all… 😉

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Mine earlier today – modelling 150mm Revs.

Managed to break my crank shortly after 🙁

theotherjonv

Few folks suggest an Anthem X with 20mm more on the fork to de-xc it slightly makes the anthem x into a really capable trail bike, if you don’t need everything the trance brings all the time.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’ve just sold my mate’s anthem… i was going to rebuild it for him with a 120mm fork (as mentioned above) as it would then do a good job of replicating the turner flux i used to run (with 120mm front and 105mm rear), but in the end he bought my turner 5 spot and says it is like night and day… the anthem is pretty much unbeatable as a full sus xc rocket ship, but if you want to have a bit more ‘fun’, the trance will be properly in the ‘zone’… i love them so much, i very almost bought one myself!

ryanctj
    Free Member

Trance! Love it, it does everything you can throw at it, from trail centres to all day epics. I ride with others who’ve got bikes three times the price and the Trance matches the best of them.

My first one:

My Current One:

ef52
    Free Member

Thanks all I’ll take on board your advice ,keep sending the pictures !! I want one so badly now , but I’m off the bike for a while now due to a injury ! I was at bedgebury , on a right hand corner lost the front wheel on my xtc landed heavily , may of fractured my left wrist , so the hospital thinks ! Even with the X-rays showing nothing . I recon just badly brused .
    “If you don’t fall of every now and then , your not trying hard enough ! “
    More pictures please !!

29ers
    Free Member

Trance X29er a great bike but does not like mud and its a swine to clean!

londonerinoz
    Free Member

OP, from the X I’d assume you’re looking at the 29er versions. A lot of people here are talking about the 26ers.

giantx4
    Free Member

Mine owns many a KOM… Mainly xc i ride,but any downhill & trance eats it up nicely!…. even in the snow 🙂

antares
    Free Member

Seeing as everyone says Trance I’ll say Anthem

Anthem X1 by Jeevester, on Flickr

andermt
    Free Member

If you haven’t got one on order you may want to check availability of the Trance 29er. I attempted to buy one a few weeks back and was told they were sold out in my frame size (XL) for the rest of the year!

I ended up buying a Trek Rumblefish instead.

ef52
    Free Member

thanks for the advice , but im going for the 26″ .ive asked a few people about 29s, and there response was nt as thou it was the best since slice bread ! the trance x has slx breaks ,is it me, or does slx breaks feel spongy . thinking off changing them for hope breaks.keep sending the pictures 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

trance. quite possibly the default option for anyone wanting a full sus but unsure what to get

I completely agree.

Trance. Slx brakes are amazing and reliable too.

roverpig

The 26″ Trance is certainly very versatile. I’ve got a test ride booked on the 29er in a few weeks, but it will need to be pretty damn good to justify the cost of an “upgrade”.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Londerinoz – the Trance X is (was?) the longer travel (130mm) version of the Trance. There was a period when they sold both the Trance and the Trance X. Now they only do the Trance X in either 26 or 29 formats.

dannybgoode

Any reason not to be considering the Reign also? Bit more AM than either the Trance or Anthem but a lovely bike.

Cheers

Danny B

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘anthem x1 or the trance x’ is closed to new replies.