Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anthem X sizing (v. Soul)
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Anybody got an Anthem X?

I’m just shy of 6′ and ride a medium Soul (top tube 23.25″).

Medium Anthem reputedly 23.5″.

So is that my size? Whadya think?

Made the mistake of buying a (just) too large frame last time (not the Cotic, its the perfect size) and too much bounce. 100mm travel sounds spot on to me…

daveb
    Free Member

I am just under 6ft and have a large Cotic Soul, bought a large Giant Anthem x1 this week and think it fits me perfectly (I have replaced the 100mm stem with a 70mm one though).

Kind of depends what you want it for i guess, I prefer a larger frame for racing but also have an 18″ rocky Mountain FS frame for “playing” with.

Coasting
    Free Member

Yeah just on 6ft and large Anthem.Have riden a medium but found needed a long stem.I think especially with a bike with this sort of racing geometry a larger frame certainly tames things down a bit.

metalheart
    Free Member

I want a kind of do everything kind of bike.

Everything that I want to do mind, (not that all mountain or free ride malary!).

haven’t raced in, oh, knocking on 10 years.

Had a Motolite but found it wasn’t as much ‘fun’ for me as my Cotic. It had too much stand over height and I didn’t feel overly confident over technical stuff as a result (much happier on the Cotic).

Despite being a touch on the lardy side I’m not particularly harsh on bikes. Plus my Cotic is built burly so it would be nice to have a lightish bike.

Currently looking at the X1…

Coasting
    Free Member

I think the Anthem will complement the Soul perfectly.They r surprisingly robust for a lightish xc fully and the bearings last forever

metalheart
    Free Member

^^^ That’s what I was thinking/Hoping…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X sizing (v. Soul)’ is closed to new replies.