Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anthem Advanced SL Price Check
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

I am thinking of selling the above. It’s a medium with the frame from 2012. The spec is as follows:

Advanced SL carbon frame
    Fox Terralogic Kashima 100mm forks
    Fox RP23 shock
    Giant carbon bars and stem
    Hope Pro 3 hubs with Stans 355s running tubeless
    1X10 setup, including XT 11-36 cassette, Zee RD, Works NW 34T chainring on XT cranks and XT shifter
    XT pedals
    Scandium post with SDG Ti Belair
    XTR brakes
    Hope BB
    Hope floating rotors
    Rockguardz protector

I built this up, then got seduced by a carbon Trance. The wheels were trued and the hubs serviced by Mountain Trax at the time. The drive train is as new. The brakes are freshly bled with new pads installed.

The bike is gorgeous, light and fast. I just enjoy my Trance more and rarely ride the Anthem.

So, what do you reckon to potential value? I know it’s not 650b and all that, but it’s still a beautiful, well specked bike that was carefully built up with quality parts and lovingly cared for.

Many thanks,

Dom

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Oh, and a new headset that has seen one Swinley outing.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

While I like that a a lot, please tell me the non drive side chain stay (just behind the hope skewer) is a sticker and not a crack?

plus-one

^ I’d say helitape rather than a crack ^

When i see a bike helitaped I know it’s been cared for and it looks very clean too 🙂

Good luck with sale

domderbyshire
    Free Member

It’s not a crack, just the end of some helitape.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

So, what’s it worth? Would eBay be worth a punt?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Probably something in the region of £1k I’d say

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Ok.Thanks for that. I was hoping for a bit more due to the scarsity of the frame.

Wally

Looks as though it was a little small too, that’s alot of post up there.
    I had a carbon anthem (older type) that went for £300, so I reckon £1000 is a little high, sorry.
    I was the best made frame I have ever had, lovely ride. Can you keep it?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Giants, unfortunately and inexplicably, seem to sell for sod all 2nd hand, despite being very good riding and well made bikes. Yours was a range topping carbon but has unfashionable wheel size and at the mo that seems to limit the appeal and stunt the price.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Oh well. Maybe I’ll keep it and bung a dropper, wider bars and a shorter stem on it….

GeForceJunky

It’s the kind of bike that would probably be better off breaking and selling as parts. Would be a lovely build with 120mm forks, shorter stem and wider bars 🙂

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Ok, wider bars (Easton Haven carbon courtesy of the recent PSA) ordered and a 60mm OD2 stem sourced from eBay. I’ll see how that feels, the think about 120 forks.

bigrich

I’d buy a hardtail frame and build up a second bike.

br
    Free Member

Would be a lovely build with 120mm forks, shorter stem and wider bars

Normally yes, but he’s already got a Trance – better to split and sell, or just dismantle and hang the frame on the wall and use up the components over time on the Trance.

GeForceJunky

I run 120mm Reba RL, tapered steerer and 20mm axle version on my Anthem, rides brilliantly. When you say you have been seduced by a trance, have you already purchased one or were you thinking of selling this to get one?

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I already have a Trance that I have converted to 1X10 and put 140s and a dropper on. It’s a lovely bike. I built the Anthem first, then a carbon Trance frame came up, which I couldn’t resist!

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Ok, short stem and wider bars fitted. The bike felt great at Swinley this evening and lost none of its climbing abilities. So…………… I’m going to keep it!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anthem Advanced SL Price Check’ is closed to new replies.