Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another What Light Thread – Dynamo Content!
  • rossp
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of advice on Dynamo lights, my current winter road/cx/touring bike has a front dynamo hub, which I had previously only used during tours for charging phones/garmins.

I’ve recently been riding alot in the evenings, in the dark, and would love the simplicity of not having to worry about plugging in batteries etc.

So, whats about/whats best, looking for both a front and rear light.

Looking for something suitable for unlit backroads, and has a good beam pattern not to blind oncoming drivers.

Thanks!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There are a few LED dynamo lights available that put out a light that’s good enough to allow you to ride on an unlit road at a decent pace , if you go on the St John Street cycles web site they are very much into that stuff . I always used a LED rear as if you run a rear off the dynamo it takes 0.6 watts , leaving you with 2.4 instead of 3 to power the front .

somafunk

Have a look at Beam patterns/spreads here,

I’ve went for a Schmidt Edelux II for the front and a Son K920 seat post rear light, Haven’t tried them yet as bike has no cranks/cables attached but they seemed the best option.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Happy with my b&m iq cyo

simondbarnes

I went for the Exposure Revo & redeye. I prefer the beam pattern of “off-road” lights and have used them for commuting for many years (Lumicycle HID, Hope Vision 4, Hope R4)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another What Light Thread – Dynamo Content!’ is closed to new replies.