Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another what bike for a mate thread
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

After having taken part in BBF my mate has got bitten by the mountain biking bug again and is looking to upgrade his bike. Personally I don't know what he's worrying about, it wasn't his rear brake caliper that fell off!

He's been eyeing up a couple of hard tails, a Cannondale Flash Carbon 4 or Specialized Stump jumper Comp Carbon.

Clearly the budget is around the 2k mark, so what other bikes with a similar use in mind does the STW hive mind recommend. I'm guessing there would be some interesting short travel FS at this price point?

Any help appreciated.

Matt

BlobOnAStick

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if he's thinking of spraying £2000 on a new bike I'd hope he knows what he wants. If he doesn't then he should keep hold of it 'til he does.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Hey, I'm not going to take it the wrong way.

It's not my money 😆

stumpy01

Does he want a race bike or a bike for all round duties?

Both of his suggestions so far are quite racy, so might not be that great for general riding stuff.

£2k is quite a lot to spank on a HT if he doesn't know what he wants.

matt_bl
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member
    Does he want a race bike or a bike for all round duties?

Both of his suggestions so far are quite racy, so might not be that great for general riding stuff.

I thought the same thing, I would say it would be more general riding with the occasional weekend warrior type race thrown in for good measure.

Matt

stumpy01

Reckon you need to find out what he wants/needs and whether he really needs to spend £2k.
    From the sounds of it, he'd be fine on a HT costing half of that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another what bike for a mate thread’ is closed to new replies.