Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Another tent question – inflatable tents
  • Has anyone got experience of these and if so, what are your thoughts – especially, how sturdy are they in windy conditions?

Need to get a tent for Y-Not festival and been looking at this…

Airgo Horizon 4

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just bookmarking to see what comes up.

We have a couple of festivals this year with a four year old – and a few camping trips so need to upsize from our existing pole-tent. There seems to be lots around – all I keep thinking is “Jaysus…how **** much!?” 😆

I think AirGo is GoOutdoors’ “own” brand isn’t it?

campsite.co.uk is good for reviews by the way. Also, plenty of vids on YouTube for pretty much any tent you’re checking out.

surfer
    Free Member

Slight hijack: DD I am sure you are all over it but Camp Bestival is awesome, went 4 years with our kids, bit older than yours. So many fantastic memories!

As you were 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s Green Man and Kendal Calling for us this year surfer – Bestival will definitely be a go-er when ours and our friends’ youngsters are a bit older.

Anyway, back to the OP…I like the look (and price) of the Quecha 6 man.

You’ve linked to Singletrack dd 😉

Kendall Calling is the sister festival to Y-Not (well, same organisers), but has a better line-up 👿

epicyclo

Our Vango Airbeam is very good in wind.

On beach at Horgabost one windy night, we didn’t have any flapping, but when we got up the next more a whole row of tents near us had been blown down.

Riksbar

They are great in high winds, but they are big and heavy when packed, not what I’d use for a festival.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bizarre…the text of my post has the copied and pasted url from the decathlon site. How does this link back to STW? 😕

Another try: Quecha 6 man.

EDIT: Ah, forgot the “http://”

mike399
    Free Member

Not too sure about the weight comment as family sized frame tents are incredibly heavy campared to a ‘pole-less’ air tent.

We have a Vango Airbeam Monaco 500 which is about 400quid if you look around. I think its great.

There was a good thread on tents a couple of months back…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pitching-a-tent

firestarter
    Free Member

I picked up a gelert Bala 6 air last year for about 280 last year from sports direct, thought it was worth a punt as i fancied an air tent but couldn’t justify the price ad I had a nice tent

It’s very good easy up and down and very solid when up. I won’t be going back to a poled family tent I don’t think

Peg four corners and pump it up kids out of the rain in a few minutes and I can back up the Berlingo to the porch and unload in the dry. No more threading poles through the fly in the rain while stood on the tent roof 🙂

Very impressed

Cougar

[Aside, I’ve fixed DD’s link.]

durhambiker
    Free Member

Had my Quecha Air Seconds 4.2 XL up for a weekend in Llanberis last year in very windy conditions whilst helping out at the Brutal Triathlon, and it coped with the wind very well. The beams give it a bit of flex without worrying about poles snapping.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Helped put a friends up last summer. Very smug feeling when it was up sweat free in about 10 minutes. Lovely! A vango I think. Huge tent too. If I was in the market for a family tent would defiantly get air one.

superfli
    Free Member

Not too sure about the weight comment as family sized frame tents are incredibly heavy campared to a ‘pole-less’ air tent.

Family sized steel pole tents are often in 2 bags (poles in separate bag), so if anything the air tent will be heavier (albeit 1 bag).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno…given that our (prospective) tent will be used for car camping and festivals only (where we’ll carry a trolley or wheelbarrow to transport everything from car to campsite), I can live with the weight vs a couple of minutes to put the bloody thing up. 🙂

epicyclo

After having an Airbeam tent, I’ll never consider any other sort.

No poles to break, no poles to be trying to thread in the worst of times, no struggling trying to stick the end of a recalcitrant pole that you’re trying to bend into a tiny hole that’s flapping around.

And I now know they work really well.

All I need now is a bikepacking version. 🙂

Does anyone know what the plastic material is for the inflatable part of the airbeam?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another tent question – inflatable tents’ is closed to new replies.