Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another T4/T5 van thread how do you use yours…..Best option..
  • crazant
    Free Member

I'm thinking of a T4 or T5 van for weekends away with the bikes but can't decide which is the best way to go.
    1: Multivan or Caravelle:

2. Full on camper:

3. Just a Van:

I'm getting myself in a flap about:
    Where to store bikes ?
    Cooker inside or out ?
    Awning or not?
    Which engine is best, 2.5 Tdi i assume
    Which one fits into the best tax bracket?

So basically i want a van that looks the nuts ( cos it will be my daily transport) but can be used for a night or 2 away with the bikes.

So what set up do you have.

Cheers for any tips…
    Anthony

Drac

Oh great another thread to make drool but I'll let you off as just been on T4 forum.

When I do get around to getting one it'll be a van with plans to make a basic camper or a one already done.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I am going for the Kombi option, when i can find one, with a bike carrier on the back, and one of these:

http://www.vwt4styleline.co.uk/products-kombi-sleepover.html

Awnings are noisy too by the way !!

crazant
    Free Member

drac, yes these pics are off the T4 Forum the top red one started as just a tidy caravelle, seems a good idea to start with a plain van but how far do you go ? and i'm sure a big plus of the Multivan and Caravelle are the windows …

avdave2

I'd go for the Kombi myself as well. It seems the most versitile option. There also seem to be a lot of the Renault Traffic crew vans around at the moment and that's also available in a longer wheelbase version. Maybe not so desirable but probably cheaper.

Steelsreal

Have mine set up as a combi, so there is somewhere for the little terror to sit safely. Plan is for me and teh SO to sleep in an awning whilst terror sleepi in travel cot behind seats.

I have a middle row of caravelle seats fitted (easy to do just 8 10 mm holes and some bits from VW) and side windows. On a SWB van you can get bikes in with the fron wheel of behind the seats and a lot of stuff.

Mines a 1.9td with an almighty 68bhp, not fast but cruises okay around 70. I use mine every day as well, always got a bike in the back just in case…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another T4/T5 van thread how do you use yours…..Best option..’ is closed to new replies.