Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another stupid twitter post
  • Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Scroll down on you’ll see what she posted.

https://twitter.com/search?q=gabbyabutbol&src=typd

I think she may end up regretting that statement as the social media barrel has started rolling.

Jamie
    Free Member

I struggle to give a shit about what some, apparently orange, air head in LA is tweeting.

Dumb people are dumb. Forcing an apology out of them will get you nowhere.

bearnecessities

I don’t understand Twitter.

GrahamS

Just the one?

Plenty of examples like that at https://twitter.com/CycleHatred/ if you want to worry about it.

And more general nastiness here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drivers-for-registration-of-bicycles/425624874240034

Jamie
    Free Member

But if I don’t look at it, Graham, then it doesn’t exist.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Attention seekers seeking attention

GrahamS

To be honest, that approach is probably best for your own sanity Jamie.

But it can be eye-opening to see just how much some people seem to genuinely hate us.

DezB
    Free Member

But if I don’t look at it, Graham, then it doesn’t exist.

Same with this thread. It’s dead to me. I haven’t even seen it.

Attention seekers seeking attention
    +Thick people being thick

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

But it’s important that things like this are shared. Twitter is an uncontrolled media where people post thoughts quickly without real consideration of what they are saying. So people actually post there real feelings and thoughts.

If cycling and safety is to be improved then these type of posts should be shared. It gives a greater understanding and can be used as a valuable tool to combat these attitudes.

Cougar

I had a quick look at the (Australian) Facebook page linked above. One of the articles linked to is this.

Cyclists Should Be Banned From Our Roads Immediately!

Summary: cyclist takes primary to prevent overtaking at a pinch point, driver steams past at 50mph regardless, too close by his own admission (“I couldn’t give him anywhere near as much room as I would have liked… what was I supposed to do?”) and then hits the Internet because the cyclist had the audacity to shake his head despairingly in response.

Interesting footnote though.

If you’d like to talk to me about it, call me on +44 1438 422106 between 6 and 9 weekday mornings (UK time) on BOBfm. Word of mouth is a broadcaster’s best friend.

Anyone want to be on the radio? (-:

Cougar

Oh, he’s done a follow-up.

Look Out, I’m a Cycle Path!

When I drove around this corner, he was at the top of the hill. He didn’t move over and I only just squeezed past him, narrowly missing that bollard.

Bloody menace these cyclists, forcing drivers to narrowly miss high-vis inanimate objects.

GrahamS

Jesus that Graham Mack blog post is depressing. He narrowly overtakes a cyclist at 50 through a pinch point and then thinks the cyclist is the one that should be “apologising for being such a dangerous idiot”.

Twaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

nickewen
    Free Member

Total ****ing arsehole. Hopefully he’ll wrap his motor round some stiff roadside furniture and give himself a proper shock before he kills someone.

Same for that oxygen thieving twaatter lass at the top. Heed full of Hob Nobs that one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another stupid twitter post’ is closed to new replies.