Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • (Another) Stanage Edge 'This is a footpath' thread – Peak Park Ranger Content
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you can canoe through it allegedly

Pook

What tyres for riding through the Ladybower dam…

😉

andyg
    Free Member

Down the plughole

What a Spider Feels Like

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

cool 🙂

tracknicko
    Free Member

is that you andyg? if so, what does it mean about needing 250m of rope and only using 100?

how does that work?

ahwiles
    Free Member

feet and metres; different.

even NASA get confused, don't worry.

if you like that, google 'sheffield megatron'…

Pook

the drop is 100m. To get the rope secured at the top you need a lot more. So while it's only a 100m vertical drop, with secure lines etc at the top you're going to use more.

Quite a lot more by the sounds of it!

porterclough
    Free Member

feet and metres; different.

even NASA get confused, don't worry.

Pook's at it now as well! 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

dammit! i see now. why would you use two units in one sentence?

Pook

oh. I didn't read that bit.

Can someone come and help me please – I'm sending this from the bottom of the plughole cos my rope wasn't long enough…

si-wilson
    Free Member

This reminded me to have a look through the 28days later web site and there is some cool stuff on there!

robidoo
    Free Member

andyg do you post on 28dl think I have seen your pics on there before?

garethh
    Free Member

On a slightly different note, has anyone managed to ride up the plantation in one? I've had one or two tries but not quite managed to get to the hair pin, reckon with enough fitness/ skill/ sticky tyres it might just be possible?

jonathan
    Free Member

In all the many times I've ridden it I've never thought of riding up it! 😉

On the Peak ranger issue – sounds like it might be worth contacting the PDNPA ROW Officer or perhaps the Local Access Forum mtbing representative (whose name has escaped me!). They should be encouraging legal access – not blocking it.

Out of interest – was he (or they in the other cases) volunteer rangers?

higgo
    Free Member

Down the plughole

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natwilson/3714833776/in/set-72157621249910699/

Done that years ago. Not Ladybower but in the Goyt from Errwood to Fernilee.

james
    Free Member

"why choose to go riding where EVERY walker is guaranteed to be on a sunny weekend?"
    We didn't start until about 1pm so by the time we were finishing (coming down stanage edge) there were very few walkers about

"was he (or they in the other cases) volunteer rangers?"
    I've no idea. He had a jumper with peak park ranger (or words to that effect) on it. I can only assume from 'his knowledge' that he is a volunteer .. and clueless (on this issue)

Northwind

You know what? There's not a force on this earth that could get me to go down that plughole. That's proper crushing terror stuff right htere. Brr.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Could any canoe actually survive that drop ?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘(Another) Stanage Edge 'This is a footpath' thread – Peak Park Ranger Content’ is closed to new replies.