Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another Rockshox Pike technical hitch
  • euans2
    Free Member

I noticed today that my Piks have started to make a squelching noise during normal operations, could it just be that they need a service or could it be something more sinister? The forks are around 6 months old and haven’t had a whole lot of use over the last 3 months

breadcrumb

Is it not the usual noise?

euans2
    Free Member

No not the usual noise, up until today they were silent

rickon
    Free Member

Have you got more rebound damping dialled in by mistake?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Sounds like air in the damper, perhaps a bleed of the charge damper is required.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

A squelching noise does sound suspiciously like air may be trapped in the damper somewhere.

We’re still on a bit of a learning curve with the new Charger damper, whilst we prepare our bleed kit for launch. One thing we’ve learned is that SRAM advocate the removal of the damper prior to bleeding it for best results. This allows the bladder to fully expand.

A work stand is a must for this job really.

euans2
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I’ve checked the rebound setting and it’s doing it in all the range of settings.

I’m waiting to find out from the retailer if its a warranty issue if not then i’ll be sending it away for a service, it’s pretty bad (for me)/good (for new owner) timing as i’m selling the bike in a couple of weeks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another Rockshox Pike technical hitch’ is closed to new replies.