Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another plane missing…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just been reading about that. Looks like it could be another “mystery”

somouk
    Free Member

It asked to divert around weather and then went missing, I suspect it’s gone down in a storm.

Will be interesting to see where it is, fingers crossed all on board are alive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, first response is a conspiracy theory! 😯 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nope not a conpirisarist type, never believe any of that shit. It was just the way the article I read was worded, stating that the plane ” asked to divert onto a strange course”

beej

All plane crashes are mysteries until the reason for the crash is known. Even if it seems to be something obvious full investigations still take place.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It was just the way the article I read was worded, stating that the plane ” asked to divert onto a strange course”

Journalists and outlets need to take responsibility for this sort of rhetoric. I noticed the ‘unusual route’ mentioned in a few articles – what they failed to mention is that it’s a perfectly normal term used when a pilot requests to deviate from the usual flightpath. In the Asia Airlines case, it was, apparently, to climb in order to avoid bad weather. It seems that ‘the media’ is intent on suggesting dreadful mystery, rather than just simply that, as beej says, the details of any incident are unknown until they are not.

soobalias
    Free Member

hang on a minute, the media did not suggest “dreadful mystery”

the word was “unusual” and as pointed out above, its in regard to “usual”
    you cant hold the media responsible for people reading something that just isnt there.

anyone booking a flight with a malaysian airline today? didnt think so.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

hang on a minute, the media did not suggest “dreadful mystery”

I would disagree. Some reports appear to have preferred the sensational, cliff-hanger of ending with the pilot’s request for an ‘unusual route’. Without definition, the term could easily suggest something like a hijack.

Of course, the press rarely prefer the sensational; do they?

you cant hold the media responsible for people reading something that just isnt there.

I can’t work out if you’re being ironic.

Christ, first response is a conspiracy theory!

Yeah, it’d be preposterous to even consider the possibility of foul play. No-one’s ever captured a plane before have they?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

To be honest, I suspect foul play.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Your link contains this information.

The missing jet had requested a “deviation” from the flight path to avoid thick storm clouds, AirAsia said.

Indonesia’s transport ministry said the pilot had asked permission to climb to 38,000ft (11,000m).

Ministry official Djoko Murjatmodjo said the request “could not be approved at that time due to traffic, there was a flight above, and five minutes later [flight QZ8501] disappeared from radar”.

CountZero

On the news earlier they showed the course it should have flown, with a dotted line swinging well out to the east showing the assumed course to avoid the poor weather.
    They followed that with a Weather radar image showing the worse part of the storm being exactly where the deviated route was supposed to have gone!
    If the plane had kept to the correct course, according to the weather radar, it would have skirted the edge of the worst weather.
    Something doesn’t quite add up there.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another plane missing…’ is closed to new replies.