Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another Pitch thread. Are they that good then?
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

Well? Are they?
    I can get one through the work scheme, y’see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For people who just can’t afford an Enduro they are rather good, I would agree….

😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup

<– Not biased

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can get one through the work scheme, y’see.

No you can’t. They are sold out until September.

Word on the street says that far from being the poor relation to the Enduro, that they are actually a better bike.
    Not just ‘better value’, better as in they ride better, mainly because they don’t have the Spesh in house suspension units fitted.
    🙂

They are certainly better than a Yeti 575, from many angles…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tried both. Prefer my Enduro!

terrahawk
    Free Member

No you can’t. They are sold out until September.

I’m patient.

grumm
    Free Member

Tested an Enduro – preferred the Pitch.

forge197
    Free Member

In my opinion mine is better than the two Orange Five’s I once had, I’ve added an RP23 to the Comp to get rid of the X-Fusion rear shock. I am a big Orange fan and considered the Blood but the Pitch really is very good and have no regrets. I keep saying good for the price but had I paid double it would still be good for the price.

loddrik
    Free Member

If they were everyone would ride them. I most definately do not…

grumm
    Free Member

If they were everyone would ride them.

No because the style of bike doesn’t suit some people, and some people are brand snobs.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i test rode one.
    I also test rode a marin attack trail, and ended up with a commencal meta 5.5.

I liked the specialized least; but with a shorter stem and wider bar, i definatley could have lived with it.

To be honest there was very little in the ride difference. The pitch was less than half the price though!

forge197
    Free Member

I always thought I’d not have a mainstream manufacturer bike but the curiosity of the Pitch got the better of me and glad it did. I used to think that my Five was fantastic do anything bike which it was and thought I was pretty handy on it.

The Pitch though really is better, handles better, goes round corners faster, goes downhill more controlled and climbs better. I ran a 2005 and 2007 Five also over the time I had them 2005 130mm and the 2007 130mm and 160mm, plenty of variants.

But as ever it isn’t going to suit everyone and of course it’s not made in a shed.

flamejob
    Free Member

Come on.. join the poverty spec bikers!

sv

…still counting the days here. Must have patience must have patience. All these threads aren’t helping!

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s nothign better than knowing the bike you own cost under £1200 and can kick the behind of bikes costing a grand more 8)

In some respects it’s like owning an Evo IX and pi$$ing off prosche owners all over the shop 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another Pitch thread. Are they that good then?’ is closed to new replies.