Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Another piccie of me and my bike.
  • robcolliver
    Free Member

shermer75
    Free Member

That selfie stick must be nassive

cinnamon_girl

Where have you been/going to then? Can’t get my head around those forks though – can you notice any difference compared to the usual type? Weather looks good!

Edit: is it another adventurette?

maxtorque

Your havin’ a lauf mate ain’t ya……. 😆

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Bet it’s been nice since cutting the cord from danger mouse dude lol. Strangely like the set up not matter what you can change position to get comfy on long days hats off to you squire and enjoy the mini adventure.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Just out for a days training, gtting in shape for TD ’16 and got a beady eye on the biggest/longest mountain bike race thats starts in 2017 on the east coast and finishes in Oregon….. 5000 miles of yummy trails.

fasthaggis

Rob,you da man.

Would be interesting to hear your views on that Lauf set up,after a long term test.
    Good luck with the training.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been on the Lauf fork since November and for the Tour Divide I now am sure its the right tool for the job. It has 60mm travel and for normal riding its been perfect so far. There is no vibration coming through into my hands and no numbness at all (though many folks numbness is caused by bars without enough sweep).

I’ve been riding it with a SB8, and will change to a Thunder Bert in the next month as the trails dry out.

It’s certainly 600g lighter than a ‘normal’ fork, has no parts that will fail with use or lack of servicing,and for those reasons alone I’ll be riding it to Mexico and if its good enough for Guy Martin, its good enough for me.

AlexSimon

All good apart from the moon boots 🙂
    Good luck with it all Rob!

pictonroad

Hate that climb. 👿

Sand, horses and headwinds.

psycorp
    Free Member

The Lauf has me intrigued. How does it feel to ride in comparison to a normal fork? Looking at it I’m assuming it’s un-damped, or does the spring arrangement provide some kind of inherent damping as it moves?

EDIT

This answers most of my questions:
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/gear-review-lauf-trail-racer-29-fork

rOcKeTdOg

Why are you carrying a fence post around?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do small children cry when you ride past?

kayak23

Your back wheel looks smaller than your front, but I suppose it’s just further away.

fasthaggis

It’s probably just you that has that effect on them Davey.

jekkyl

will certainly be a busy year on the TD this year.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I should imagine that lauf has a nasty rebound return.

AlexSimon

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Why are you carrying a fence post around? That’s a helmet prop, so he can sleep while riding

robcolliver
    Free Member

Kayak – the front wheel is bigger. Front tyre is a super grippy Small Block 8 and I’m trying out a fast Thunder Bert on the back to see how long it lasts – if its only good for 1000 miles then I’ll look at a Speed King 2.

mrhoppy

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Why are you carrying a fence post around?

It’s not, its the ugly stick thats been used to beat the bike*.

*I know its for a purpose and have no doubt it will be ideally suited to it but dear lord.

cokie

I’d be interested how much your bike weighs fully loaded.
    Do you always wear the camelback?

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Amazingly you are the absolute spitting image of what I expect an STWer to look like. Uncanny.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Where was this photo taken – looks like a nice climb!

fisherboy
    Free Member

Thatll be the climb out of washington on sdw going east to west, or at least looks like it. Barnsfarm hill. Nasty little bugger. Gets steeper the higher you go.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Cokie – I really don’t want to weigh it fully loaded, I just know when I have to lift it over trees or push it, it weighs too much.
    I always train with a backpack (Original Mountain Marathon) as I can carry 5 litres of water in it for a bit of extra ballast – I wish I could race without it, but my suffer levels are not high and I need to carry a few extra items of clothing that I can’t load elsewhere on the bike.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hate that climb

Where was this photo taken – looks like a nice climb!

Nasty little bugger. Gets steeper the higher you go.

Oh you poor southerners if you think that’s a climb….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Another piccie of me and my bike.’ is closed to new replies.