Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another PDS thread… WTF do we do when we get there/get up ?
  • weeksy

We’re getting to Morzine on the Weds evening… food/beer/etc. Thurs is then some riding… with PDS on the Friday… But where/how do we get our numbers ? our bag of whatever, lift passes etc ?

mafiafish
    Free Member

You collect it at the bottom of the lifts at your starting destination. I started at Montriond but I guess Morzine’s will be at the Pleney or maybe in the square next to where the bike show is? You get a bag with lots of free stuff and your plates upon registration (take your email print out).

geetee1972
    Free Member

It will be hard to miss. The place will be packed with everyone heading to the same place.

Last time I started in Morzine, the registration location was in the main square (so not near the lifts but not far away either), tucked back in the shade next to the tourist office.

Also inside tip – there is a wonderful bakery on Route de la Plagne, which runs behind the main square. They do seriously good pain au chocolate etc.

weeksy

marvellous… bakery… i’ll take an extra £50

geetee1972
    Free Member

i’ll take an extra £50

That’ll cover spare inner tubes. Croissants will be more!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pretty easy.

In Les Gets last year it was in the tourist office, quite efficient (by French standards 🙂 ) as they were grouped by surname so three different queues rather than one massive one. Quite a nice touch last year as your race number has your name and country flag (I like that sh1t !). Get there early, if you’re in a group you could try and pursuede one or two people to go and get them whilst rest have breakfast (for example riders who have most crashes / make an arse of themselves in the days before have to do the collecting). It’s best to collect them and return to accomodation/car as you’re given a few odds and ends (eg bag last year) that you certainly don’t want to carry around with you all day.

batfink
    Free Member

Have people had an issue with being allowed to collect more than one pack? ie: pick up theirs and their mates at the same time, without said mate being present?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

You can collect passes for other people – so only one person needs to go down. You just have to pick that person!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another PDS thread… WTF do we do when we get there/get up ?’ is closed to new replies.