Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another New Inbred Pics Post (with unkempt garden & shed)
  • stumpy01

Here's some pics of my new Barry White Inbred that I got a couple of weeks ago & built up over the BH weekend with bits mainly taken from my old Stumpjumper (God rest her soul), plus a few new bits.
    It's a 16" frame.

Fork at 115mm

Fork at 85mm

Other pics

It's built up from a mix of decent & not so decent parts, including the crankset off my 2010 Stumpy Elite, which I've replaced withe XT crank off the old Stumpy.
    Only ridden it round the garden, but it feels OK so far in terms of body position. Might need to get a slightly longer stem, but will ride it for a while before making any changes. Feels OK with fork at any of it's lengths really, although perhaps a bit steep at the 85mm end. Will be kept at 115mm 99% of the time, I reckon.

Jobs still to do – only shortening the brake hoses really (Juicy 7's), but might service the calipers at the same time and/or get some Goodridge hoses just for the sake of it.
    It's needs some cable rub protection patches putting on still & I've got no chainstay protector for it yet.

Quite chuffed so far with it. It was my first bike build, as such.

simon1975

Nice! It looks blue against that shed, and looks a nicer paint than on my green one. Mine felt right with 85mm Reba and 80mm stem.

alpin
    Free Member

looks nice…..

my mate has one with a lyrik on. he's quite taken with it at 115mm. really good frames IMO.

I've got no chainstay protector for it yet.

old inner tube wrapped around the stay.

simon1975

I've got no chainstay protector for it yet

Or self-amalgamating electrical tape.

ds3000
    Free Member

That looks grand. Could you slide the saddle back instead of getting a longer stem?

atlaz
    Free Member

cat flap on the shed? Your cat do a lot of work in there then?

stumpy01

Nice! It looks blue against that shed, and looks a nicer paint than on my green one. Mine felt right with 85mm Reba and 80mm stem

Yeah, does look a bit blue-y in the pics, but it's jet black in the flesh. As I say, only ridden round the garden, but it felt a bit steep at 85mm. Plenty of scope for fiddling about though once I've had a proper outing on it. The stem's a 70mm and seems perhaps a little short, but we'll see.

old inner tube wrapped around the stay.

I've got an old red neoprene one, but will probably stick some inner tube round it for the moment. Might cut up an old Panaracer Fire & use that.

Could you slide the saddle back instead of getting a longer stem?

I slid it back to the 'max' marks on the saddle rails & it made it loads better. As I say, hard to judge it while riding circles but it'll probably be about right.

Frustratingly, I won't get to ride it until next week at the earliest as I'm taking the Stumpjumper up to Dalbeattie & Kirroughtree this weekend with some friends. It'll probably get an outing round Thetford next week.

stumpy01

atlaz, it's where she entertains her boyfriends…… 😀

Actually, it's so we can go away for the weekend and not have to worry about getting someone to let her in/out of the house.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another New Inbred Pics Post (with unkempt garden & shed)’ is closed to new replies.