• This topic has 133 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Another neighbour problem – potentially spiralling into confrontation. Help!
  • hora
    Free Member

Richpenny +1 learn how to disarm and Influence someones behaviour.

Or maybe have children and/or understand what neighbours sometimes quietly put up with.

Noise team? Are you taking the mick? I contacted them once over an abusive/anti social neighbour who came at me with a golf club.

jota180
    Free Member

You need to contact your local council and get the ‘Noise control’ team involved.

A crying child is unlikely to be considered a statutory nuisance

Weasel
    Free Member

The house next doors to us is cursed…

1st family…when the kids were meant to be at secondary school they preferred to bunk off and and play drum & bass, smoking weed etc all day with their mates round. Their mother was at work, dad out on the pi55 all day. However,the parents divorced family moved away.

2nd family…I introduced myself about 2 weeks after they moved in one Sunday evening around 10.30pm when they decided it was time to start drilling some holes in the wall to put some shelves up. Generally noisy people, I would bang on the wall any time past 22.30 shouting to shut up, they moved away last year.

New idiots next door have baby gates fixed the top and bottom of the stairs, the wretched gates are the first thing i hear before my alarm goes off at 6.20am and the last thing before I drift off to sleep. (Their kid is about 3, so are the things really needed?) The mother also keeps talking to the kid loudly saying ‘Wow look at that’ and ‘Wooooo’ and telling the kid what a big plop she has done etc, (their bathroom is located next to my bedroom). I’ve even moved furniture to block the noise out.

I think the simplest way is to speak to them, explain the walls are thin so you may not realise HOW MUCH NOISE YOU ARE MAKING…aaarrghh

hora
    Free Member

What would you do if your neighbour was a 6ft nutter, covered in tattoo’s who liked loud music?

Bet you wouldn’t bang on the wall.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

View it as training / preparation for the day you might have kids.

hammyuk
    Free Member

hora – Member
    What would you do if your neighbour was a 6ft nutter, covered in tattoo’s who liked loud music?

The bigger they are the harder they fall……

hora
    Free Member

…onto you WWF-stylee! 😆

yunki
    Free Member

richpenny has right solution

you’re the aggressor at the moment..

bwaarp
    Free Member

Really what’s the point of this post? Is it a dig at the OP’s masculinity? Think you’re hard? It’s perfectly reasonable that the OP got irritated and banged on the wall, it’s a normal thing to happen in flat. What isn’t normal is threatening violence.

Size isn’t all that, my 5’10” brother and a friend of his hospitalized half a dozen 6’3″ rugby players.

It’s all about how much you don’t care about your own personal safety, how tolerant you are to punches and your ability to carry on fighting when getting punched… and how quickly you respond to aggression, basically is the OP a psychopath? In my brothers words…”if they’re bigger than me I bottle them”.

Don’t go picking on small guys just because you think your big and ‘ard. It’s a recipe for disaster – in fact never go looking for a fight. Others on here shouldn’t encourage him to go round to the next door neighbors because the man might be a grade A loon – but if he does come round to the OP’s doorstep….by all means take him by surprise and sucker punch him with a cricket bat.

bwaarp
    Free Member

richpenny has right solution

you’re the aggressor at the moment..

Nahhh, the parent’s don’t sound like they’re dealing with it properly.

yunki
    Free Member

It’s perfectly reasonable that the OP got irritated and banged on the wall, it’s a normal thing to happen in flat. What isn’t normal is threatening violence.

don’t agree.. I’m 40 years old and have lived always lived in flats..
    it’s perfectly reasonable in the first instance to approach your neighbour and discuss the issue in a helpful and neighbourly manner..

banging on the wall shows that you have lost your rag

whether the parents are dealing with it correctly IYO or not is immaterial.. the point is that he banged on the wall and is the aggressor, what matey shouted after that point is just retaliation..

bwaarp
    Free Member

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nahhh, the parent’s don’t sound like they’re dealing with it properly.

What does the OP know of their techniques?

hora
    Free Member

Bwaarp
    Hospitalised? Your brother runs a dirty takeaway?

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Another neighbour problem – potentially spiralling into confrontation. Help!’ is closed to new replies.