Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Another Mumsnetter tries to take on a cyclist
  • MoreCashThanDash

Which one of you was it?

[Url]http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2594740-Who-was-in-the-right-me-or-the-cyclist?pg=1&order=[/URL]

Great to see such a well used non-cycling forum showing some sense and slapping her down

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s the thing with mums they have kids that ride bikes.

hooli

Meh, some people need some real stuff to worry about

slowoldman

Why do I come here when I “could of went” to Mumsnet? It’s much more entertaining.

jonba
    Free Member

Its not hard to use the pavement for two secs so a car can not be inconvenienced.

Then a matter of a few lines later.

Cyclist think they own the road, they refuse to stop for anyone even traffic lights.

🙄

MoreCashThanDash

As for the vehicle excise bollocks some choose to spout to justify their behaviour to cyclists-Our house owns two cars both of which have a high duty paid on them, we’re also a 4 bike household so **** the **** off.

I’m not sure whether I’m inspired or terrified by the women on Mumsnet….

damascus
    Free Member

And I thought the stw was harsh. They don’t hold back do they!

whitestone
    Free Member

Having never been on mumsnet – is it safe for work? 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Then a matter of a few lines later.

Then a few lines later she get’s torn a new one.

You’d get less support posting that story as the cyclist on STW!

thenorthwind

lazyarse123 Fri 18-Mar-16 05:18:44
    Sorry but you were in the wrong but saying that i think all cyclists should be banned from all roads, entitled bastards.

Well let’s sit down and discuss this calmly, you sound like a rational person lazyarse123.

Incidentally, there’s a road I ride down on my commute that has cars parked on one side and is too narrow to safely pass a car coming the other way. I’ve been known to use the pavement for a few yards if it’s clear so neither me nor a car coming the other way have to stop. No-one has yet died. Not that I’m suggesting everyone should do that, not at all. Sometimes it just seems like the thoughtful, common sense thing to do.

Sui
    Free Member

bolshier was funny, got to be someone who at least lurks on here.

Glad someone put a video up of the deranged irish lady, has me in stitches everytime. 😆

Leku
    Free Member

“Could of went”? What on earth do you mean? Do you mean “could have gone”, perhaps?

xenapants this is just unnecessary pedantry. If you genuinely hmm can’t work out what the meaning is here, you have more of an issue that the writer to be honest. Yes, it’s not correct, but the meaning is obvious and you pointing this or doesn’t actually make you look intelligent. It makes you look like a bit of a tw*t.

Love it.

wilburt
    Free Member

I appreciate the absence of swear filter on mumsnet. STW think your ears are too delicate for words that rhyme with bank and start with a w.

MoreCashThanDash

is it safe for work?

Usually not – there is no swear filter like we have here. There are some amazingly potty mouthed rants on Mumsnet

wilko1999
    Free Member

I definitely agree with one of the replies on there – the one saying it’s a wind up.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The users of mumsnet have my eternal gratitude and admiration for calling it out.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@Morecash, how do you find this stuff? Are you amumsnet lurker? Hmmmmmmm 😀

theotherjonv

Incidentally, there’s a road I ride down on my commute that has cars parked on one side and is too narrow to safely pass a car coming the other way. I’ve been known to use the pavement for a few yards if it’s clear so neither me nor a car coming the other way have to stop. No-one has yet died. Not that I’m suggesting everyone should do that, not at all. Sometimes it just seems like the thoughtful, common sense thing to do.

Folks do that on my road as well. No problems.

Unless you meant the time a kid walked out of his front gate at that very moment on the way to school and got hit by the car doing it? Fortunately only a clip with a wingmirror and it turns out his arm wasn’t broken in the end.

Pavements are not for cars. End of.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I hope it’s a troll….

Otherwise the ignorance & entitlement of the OP begs belief!!!

thenorthwind

Folks do that on my road as well. No problems.

Unless you meant the time a kid walked out of his front gate at that very moment on the way to school and got hit by the car doing it? Fortunately only a clip with a wingmirror and it turns out his arm wasn’t broken in the end.

Pavements are not for cars. End of.

Agreed, and I’m wary of some paths (away from the highway and thus legal to cycle on) on my estate which go past blind junctions/garden gates, and slow down for them on the bike.

theotherjonv

Agreed, whether bike or car it’s one of those 1/100,000 maybe 1/1,000,000 possibilities but the consequences still don’t balance the benefits

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It rarly seems to be “cyclists” demanding exclusive use. Yet other so called user groups primary aims seem to revolve around exclusion and restriction of others not like them.

Just an observation thats all 😐

vickypea
    Free Member

Mumsnet is full of scary ladies. I only lasted a week or so!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Turns out peopleon other forums have people who shouldnt have licences also.

butcher

That’s a nice thread isn’t it. Though I suspect most of the respondents are cyclists. Still, it’s raised my opinion on humanity a touch.

Superficial
    Free Member

That’s a nice thread isn’t it. Though I suspect most of the respondents are cyclists. Still, it’s raised my opinion on humanity a touch.

Really? Even in amongst the people begrudgingly acknowledging that the OP is breaking the highway code and in the wrong (a fact, not open for discussion), still around 10% of the posts are people bashing cyclists, harping on about red light jumpers, road tax etc etc. Or phrases like “I’m not usually on team cyclist, but in this case, you were in the wrong.”

It makes me despair. And this is supposed to be a good example?!

butcher

…still around 10% of the posts are people bashing cyclists, harping on about red light jumpers, road tax etc etc.

Which is about 70% less than usual!

Granted, it’s far from perfect, and there’s some frightening opinions. But if the majority is positive, I see that as a good thing. The influence spreads…

DavidB
    Free Member

The op started that thread.

jkomo

Mumsnet, much swearyer, filthier, and now it turns out, more pro cyclist than STW.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

In regards to mumsnet, remember the rule that all women on the internet are actually men.

Mumsnet is a refugee camp for banned STWers.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Another Mumsnetter tries to take on a cyclist’ is closed to new replies.