Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another MTB video thread…..
  • Lemurian
    Free Member

Thought I’d post this little video up that I made recently, any constructive/non-constructive criticism appreciated. Anyone else feel free to post any recent ones you’ve made 🙂

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/23645311[/video]

superdale
    Free Member

Nice camera angles and panning – like the use of the bbc screen card – could maybe benefit from some slow motion footage thrown in?

Lemurian
    Free Member

Thanks Dale, yeah would definitely like to use slow-mo in my stuff. Unfortunately the file type my camcorder records to isn’t that great for that, always comes out looking rubbish 🙁

Deveron53
    Free Member

Nice angles and good editing. Yep, needs some slo-mo and perhaps a bit more variance in terrain – it seemed to be the same 2 bits of trail over and over. Also, avoid the red mist ‘film fog’ effect, it’s been done, overdone and done to death! Test card could be developed, what about using a bit of test card type music while it’s on?
    There must be an easy way to rig up a home made cable cam!

Lemurian
    Free Member

But I like my film fog? 😥 Yeah there are a couple of scenes with the same bit of trail, I’ve tried to show them from dramatically different angles, but fair comment though. Yes, cable cam is something I’ve been wanting to do for ages, quite a lot of hassle but definitely want to get one of those going at some point 😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nice effort! I think you could have gone a bit shorter though, been more short and sweet and a bit more selective with the shots you use.

This one got lost as the other thread was dying so I’ll repost – bit of CX action if you can all cope!!

Self-shot, hence no panning and tilting goodness, and a real ballache to shoot 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/23672452[/video]

MentalMickey
    Free Member

The first video is ok but has predictable hip hop music attached to it which ruins it for me, sorry just not my taste.

The second is better for that very reason, choice of music superb, quirky and interesting and matches the video, well done.

The obsession with bluebells on this forum noted as they appear in both videos. 🙂

Lemurian
    Free Member

Thanks GL, look forward to seeing your vid when I get home, I can’t actually view videos at work, which sucks! 🙁

MM, definitely agree that music often makes or breaks a film for me, I think it’s just as important as the riding. Obviously a very subjective subject though…..but you can never have too many bluebells.

GaryLake
    Free Member

For sure, if you’re shooting a video in the woods in April/May, it’s pretty hard not to feature bluebells 🙂

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Love it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another MTB video thread…..’ is closed to new replies.