Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • another Motorbike I'm considering ..V strom 650 ..apart from ugly your views pls
  • kaiser
    Free Member

seems to be a good all rounder. nice upright position which I like, fairly pokey, reliable, affordable …apart from build quality and aesthetics it seems to good choice for a bike that’ll do most things without breaking the bank. your views , advice , experience please.
    didn’t think this one actually looked too bad

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ugly, heavy, lots of plastic to break if you fall over, high seat?

RustySpanner

SV engine, so reliable & fun.

All the reviews, especially the long term one in MSL were very positive, I think the journo ended up buying one after testing it for six months.

Loads about, many already loaded up with panniers.
    Seem to remember them being discounted from new, might still be some good deals about.

I’d love one, make a great tourer or commuter.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Plasticky, very tall, lumpy. I’ll take it off you if you ask nicely 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Christ that’s ugly 😉

Kato

They’re cracking bikes apparently if you can get past the looks

I like em, was going to get one for a tour around Europe next year but now a mate has bought a new Triumph Tiger 800 and my head has been turned

takisawa2

Put some proper tyres on & yes, I’d have one.

kaiser
    Free Member

seat height’s not a problem for me. it’s not a bike i’d considered until recently but seemed to get a lot of praise by reviewers who weren’t into posing/image and just after an affordable and flexible machine. Normally I do begin my choice on things I like the look of but sometimes an ugly duckling can be a good choice for the wallet.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

ugly duckling argument= nail, head. Theres a couple of new middleweight allrounders that are popular like the Kwak Versys. The vstrom will be just as capable and probably cheaper as you can only ride it at night to avoid causing unecessary distress to children.

Not a fan of fake off-road tyres, though they are supposed to be very good on tarmac.

anagallis_arvensis

if you put some proper tyres on it and removed all the extra offroady shite it has on it it would look OK, mind you I ride this monstrosity

epicsteve
    Free Member

Properly ugly but I’ve heard good things from owners who seem to like them.

Northwind

Brilliant engine… Not that convinced by the overall package, it’s heavy (and topheavy) and the suspension’s really overworked at speed. Comfy though, very comfy. If you like it, check out the Kawasaki Versys or ER6, they do a similiar job but without the faux-roaderness.

But in all honesty unless you plan to do lots of distance the SV650 makes more sense.

anagallis_arvensis – Member

if you put some proper tyres on it and removed all the extra offroady shite it has on it it would look OK

Thinstroms, they call this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VDCGGBYmNCk/S6vCwt_4vqI/AAAAAAAALoA/jbxseBgmCD8/s400/PW650_359.jpg

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s ugly, but then again given the opportunity I’d jump at one of these beauties.

anagallis_arvensis

don simon we disagree on soooo much!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 Which is no bad thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘another Motorbike I'm considering ..V strom 650 ..apart from ugly your views pls’ is closed to new replies.