• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Another lovely day and still no riding :(
  • Curly68
    Free Member

I have had this week off with the kids and for the latter part, the weather has been good. Unfortunately, I haven't had any biking time as the kids have been doing other stuff 🙁 Took them on a picnic around a nature reserve Thursday and built a bike yesterday. Today, I am taking them to the zoo.
    So missing the weather, forest etc. Wish their mother would have them for just one day but my son doesn't like going around hers!
    Moan over, enjoy the weekend everyone.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive been off for six weeks so far from surgery and prob two more to come thank your lucky stars mate 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My ex fecked off nearly three years ago now. My riding went right down the sh!tter. All I managed to get was the odd hour here and there. Now the little'un is not so little I can take her with me. I know how you feel though it's frustrating.

grumm
    Free Member

Dry your eyes mate – I've been riding once in about the last 6-7 months due to illness.

granny_ring

year and a half off bike with bad back, trying to get my lardy arse in gear now though 😀
    hang on in there

datsunman

Five weeks for me, broken collarbone, hopefully mending soon!

trailmonkey

partially ruptured achiles here. I'm allowed on the excercise bike and I can even go for a gentle pootle but nothing strenuous, can't take any impacts and the idea of unclipping and dabbing on rough ground gives me cold sweats. still waiting on the nhs to do a scan to give me an idea of when i'll be mended.

fontmoss
    Free Member

been out 3 times since holidays started but thats the first riding of the year, trapped in uni 6 or 7 days a week and spend rest of what time is left with my gf

could be worse though-loads of riding and not seeing your kids?

hmmm well depends on your point of view i guess

Johnbot
    Free Member

Banging hangover here so not riding, but i did get out for an hour last night. I take it your kids are too young to take them with you?

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I haven't ridden in 6 months due to surgery. Now I'm good to go, my bike has only half a 15mmm axle in it, becuase thats all petra sent me.

stumpy01

Decided to get some work done in the garden today, but will probably go for a potter later on!
    Currently battling with the mother of all ivy infestation, so have had to stop for a cuppa!

Frodo

Pah, thats nothing! Still another 7 weeks with my leg in a cast.

Mr Frodo (Suffering serious cabin fever in new Mills)

Curly68
    Free Member

Cheers guys. We went to Colchester Zoo today and they loved it. Well, so did I! Love spending time with my kids as they grow up so fast, they both have bikes but haven't wanted to go out this week. Will bribe them into going around Rutland Water tomorrow hopefully.

stumpy01

I didn't get the chance to go for a ride by the time I'd attacked all the overgrown garden…..taken it all to the dump & stuck some wood preserver on the side gate.

I thought I'd go to Rutland tomorrow & get a couple of laps in. Look out for the Red/Black 2001 Stumpjumper FSR……

Spud

5 weeks for me so far! Hopefully that's it as been given the go ahead to start riding again. Woot! Hopefully I'll still be OK for Enduro 6!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Another lovely day and still no riding :(’ is closed to new replies.