Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Another good life lost…
  • bradley
    Free Member

Fire fighter from Eynsham, Oxfordshire died today. Joe was his first name, I don’t remember his second name. Was on his pushbike. Just annoys me that such a waste of life isn’t a rare occurrence. My dads in the fire brigade so I hear of such sad stories alot…RIP.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Boy of 15 died yesterday after a fight outside a school, another sad loss but I didn’t feel the need to post about it on a forum.

wwaswas

I didn’t feel the need to post about it on a forum.

had you done I hope you’d have got a better response than you gave bradley.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

But I wouldn’t as people die every day. If the forum was filled with ‘someone died” posts it wouldn’t be much fun. Fair enough if the OP knows the guy but he doesn’t. Can’t see the point of the post to be honest.

cb

have a good weekend Mr pebble, perhaps start it now….

v8ninety

Hmmm. I see your view pebblebeach. however, my mother always said, if you’ve nothing good to say… etc

bigyinn
    Free Member

pebblebeach – Member

Boy of 15 died yesterday after a fight outside a school, another sad loss but I didn’t feel the need to post about it on a forum.
    Yet you just did.
    Try to at least pretend you care and don’t be so callous. A wasted life is tragic regardless of who they were.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Umm it’s a forum, you respond to posts. Might not always be what people want to hear.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damn, not far off my commute that… and Eynsham’s where I went to school.

I’ll not share pebblebeach’s views when I find out who it is.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Quick look at Bradley’s profile says location is Oxfordshire. So as it’s an Oxfordshire firefighter, and his dad’s in the fire brigade, he might know him.

Bit off really pebblebeach.

portlyone

The relevance would be he died while riding a bike…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Best to just say nothing and if you do have some respect whether you knew them or not.
    it is always a shame

toys19
    Free Member

teadrinker
    Free Member

pebblebeach – Member

pebblebeach – Member
    But I wouldn’t as people die every day. If the forum was filled with ‘someone died” posts it wouldn’t be much fun. Fair enough if the OP knows the guy but he doesn’t. Can’t see the point of the post to be honest.

Seriously some people on here. 😕

portlyone – Member
    The relevance would be he died while riding a bike…

Exactly.

But back to the OP – sad times Bradley, sad times indeed.

project
    Free Member

From the bbc website

Cyclist killed in crash with car at AppletonA 39-year-old cyclist has died in a collision with a car in Oxford.

The man was in a crash with a black Ford Focus in Eaton Road, Appleton just after 21:00 BST on Thursday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officers said the driver of the car, a 29-year-old man, had been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and had been bailed until 4 July.

Thames Valley Police is appealing for any witnesses to come forward.

bradley
    Free Member

I can look past people like pebblebeach as, clearly, for every bad there is more than enough good. I’m merely showing my respect for the gentleman seeing as he’s a firefighter from my local area and chances are I have met him once or twice due to my dad being in the fire brigade. What relevance do you have to the 15 year old boy, pebble? I ride a pushbike, this guy died whilst cycling. My retained fire fighter application is currently being processed, he was a fire fighter. He lives local to me…I can list more. Good day.

singlespeedstu

this guy died whilst cycling.

I’m realy sorry to hear that.
    Happens far too often. 🙁

TiRed

Tragic. I cycled that road daily for five years into Oxford and hundreds of times to Appleton school with the kids from Southmoor. Dreadful news. RIP.

Oh and Pebble, grow up. the cycling relevance was always implicit.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Life is so short and delicate.

R.I.P.

Don’t waste another day!

takisawa2

RIP to the chap, & condolences to his loved ones. Just tragic.

Pebblebeach…I’d save that sort of reply for a topic a little less sensitive than a tragic death mate. Crikey.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Another good life lost…’ is closed to new replies.