Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Another garage build thread…
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Garage post

Bit late to post this up but I always found a a garage thread good value. Process started in the middle of May last year and to gt to the last photo in this series took until August 10th so approx 12 weeks between starting and finishing. It was direct labour to save costs and there were a few delays with the blockwork as the brickie was using this as a filler job. It started as a 1.5 story garage with room in the ‘upstairs’ for storage/office but this quickly changed to just attic storage due to budget. Roof pitch height is 4.3m and internal floor space is 4.2m x 7.6m.

Anyway it’s pretty heavy on pics…

Foundation Dig – nothing major here aside from the occasional boulder which litter the site and breaking the ground unleashed a ravenous army of midgies (or midgets as the irish comically call them)

Foundation poured – I seem to remember the foundations being slightly wider than planned given the aforementioned boulders being dug out

Blocks up FFL – ready for the insulation and concrete slab

Insulation down – stone filled for floor then 1200 gauge polythene before laying the 50mm slab

Pre concrete – finished look before concrete pour.

Concrete pour – some fine bellies on display. It was almost too nice a day for the concrete pour as we had to keep spraying it to stop any cracks

Concrete poured

Concrete slab floated – nice finish and gives an idea of size. There was a small slab outed down the side if the garage for the oil tank and wheelie bins

Running water & oil pipes – we had to dig trenches to run water pipe for a sink and also new oil line from the house to the tank.

Blocks Day 1 – following on from the rate my brickie thread I was pretty impressed with these lads after day 1 but I’ve no real experience.

Blocks Day 2

Blocks to finish – skipped a couple of photos here as they were back and forth a couple of times but it’s scudded ready for plaster

Roof work – the joiner we use is class and he did the roof in a few days

Plastered & Tiled – notice point in blow by blow account of tiling and plastering but it turned out lovely. Got the windows and door from the 2nds store at a local joinery company for about 50% of the normal price. They match the house windows and doors which was a bonus.

Wildlife – had a wee visit by this fella too just before the build but not seen him since. He was about 6ft away from the back door. Any ideas what he is?

Kerbing and paths have been done and I’ll follow up with a photo or 2 if there’s any interest.

I’ve only just about finished doing the workbench owing to a new arrival and other outside priorities in the garden…again more photos to follow.

footflaps

Sparrow Hawk?

robdob
    Free Member

Looks very nice. I might need to build something similar when I move house, any more details on price etc?

wrecker
    Free Member

How much moneys?

takisawa2

Nice.
    Interior shots…

Albanach
    Free Member

Interior photos to follow…

It’ll take a wee while to get all the costs together but starting from the ground up

Foundations – €4150 plus VAT @ 13.5% (NB that this includes foundations for entrance piers for gates)

Garage to floor level and entrance walls foundation
    Clean off site
    Excavate foundations
    Steel and concrete
    2 courses of blocks to finish floor level
    Stone fill to floor and compact
    Lay 1200 gauge Polythene, and 50mm foil back insulation
    Concrete floor float finish
    Bases for timber columns
    Stone area between columns and garage
    Provide 2no gullies to river at back of garage
    Excavate steel and concrete foundations for entrance piers and walls
    Excavated materials levelled on site
    All materials included

Albanach
    Free Member

Labour for the blocks, plastering and roof came to €5324
    Material for the above – €2630

Garage door – €520
    PVC Window & Door – €600

All in it cost €13373 not including kerbing and concrete paths

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Need to sort out the lawn before you post more pics 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Another garage build thread…’ is closed to new replies.