Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Another DX 'cheap LED bike light' advice required
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

GTTH, I pondered on those buckles for a while, then realised that once the battery has been attached you can turn one sideways & loop it through the other and turn it back, possible failsafe?
    I'm not sure it would work on all size tubes either, but it seem to work on a 'fat' ally turner & 'skinny' Ti tubes so far.

Now off to look at the battery water problem, mines been fine the one time I used it in heavy rain, but it is relatively protected being mounted between the toptube, headtube & downtube.
    Cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Aha; thanks 2unfit2ride – that makes sense.

<heads off to the garage for another look at it>

What have you done about charging times?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Wait to light on charger goes green, disconnect 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Fair point, well made! 😀

Mine was charged from out of the box which I thought was a nice touch.

dobo
    Free Member

my initial thoughts on the battery bag was wtf is going on here, but it wraps nicely around my 100mm stem and velcroes up with the 2 buckles together, then feed some spare velcro strap through it and and its remained in place to the side of the stem (would also work on top or underneath

impressive kit tbh for the money, combined with a fenix on my lid, totaly transformed my night ride tonight.

light and compact unit.

even the initial stupid rubber ring works a charm, better than a lock block

richc
    Free Member

I've just ordered one so when it arrives I will take some photos and bung them up. Especially as they are *improving* them with each batch

montylikesbeer

I'll post some pictures tomorrow as I am out with mine tonight and compare it against my 06-07 Exposure Enduro Turbo.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Monty, no update? good or bad news?

daim

I have been riding with mine for several weeks now. Very impressed with it indeed. £50 well spent even if it only lasts me the season. Easily as bright as my old Lupine Edison 5 on high. In fact, it's so bright, I mostly just use the low setting, only switching it to hight for really techie stuff.

montylikesbeer

Sorry guys

The light is very good.

I was out on Friday night and lent my old Exposure (Turbo Enduro)to a pal.

The DX blew it away.

Its had a few charges now and the charger does not get hot at all.

I have placed the battery pack into a lightweight small sandwhich bag and put it back in its own holder.

I'll have to do some pics sorry again.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Has anyone got a spare charger they might be willing to sell ??

richc
    Free Member

I am still waiting for mine to turn up 🙁 but it is posted now. So it looks like DX are swamped with orders for these things 😉

Still quality wise it doesn't look like it will hold a candle to the trout light, however the trout light looks excessively bright, but I guess that means you can run it on low and have stupid long runtimes.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

I find with my DX that if I charge it until the green light comes on and then connect it up to the light the status led on the back still shows red.

I have tried charging for a bit longer but it stays on red.

Anyone else had this issue?

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Another DX 'cheap LED bike light' advice required’ is closed to new replies.