Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Another cyclist knocked down and then run over by another driver…
  • bikey
    Free Member

Hello fello STW’ers
    I dont know if this has been posted before, but it made me feel physically sick to watch. I cannot believe the woman who ran over him when he was down on the floor. I am a cycle trainer and I have never seen anything like this before in all my years of teaching.

Matt

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Yep already been done!

slimjim78
    Free Member

but I dont want to feel physically sick do i?

nickewen
    Free Member

Absolutely horrendous that. I hope the pair of car drivers got done for it, but I’m guessing probably not.

I used to cycle to work every day for about 2 years and then stopped when I bought my car. Started again recently for fitness and nearly got wiped out on my 1st day back on the bike, even after designing a route that was 90% off road. Back in the car now…

diawl2
    Free Member

That woman is absolutely unbelievable. How can you be so unconcerned when you’ve just run over someone? There’s something seriously wrong in this society.

footflaps

To car drivers cyclists and pedestrians are not human. I once had a nea head on with a car (he skidded to a stop) and when I asked why he was driving on the wrong side of the road towards me when I had right of way he politely explained that had I been in a car he’d have given way, but as I was a cyclist he just assumed I’d get out of his way…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it just me that things the golf driver, despite knocking him off his bike, and coming accross as a bit (too put it bluntly) simple, actualy comes out of that video looking like the good guy?

Cyclist (the only one who know’s he’s on tape?) comes accross a bit toolish as a result.

Focus woman need’s her head examining though!

Radioman

Agreed foot flaps…Motorists are the same to pedestrians. If you are slow crossing a road in central London, and the lights change lorries and cars will drive at you. There is an unwritten heirachy. Motors good ….get out of my way the rest of you! Where I used to work on many occasion I saw cars lorries and even motorbikes bullying elderly and slower people as they crossed the main road..

GrahamS
    Lifer
    Free Member

Cyclist (the only one who know’s he’s on tape?) comes accross a bit toolish as a result.

The guy who’s just had his legs run over and is almost certainly in shock ‘comes across a bit toolish’?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The guy who’s just had his legs run over and is almost certainly in shock ‘comes across a bit toolish’?

Yes, he’s obviously in the right, but he came accross (to me) just as arrogant as the woman in the Focus.

GrahamS

Yes, he’s obviously in the right, but he came accross (to me) just as arrogant as the woman in the Focus.

I think he stayed remarkably calm and composed given that he had nearly been killed to death and the woman responsible seemed more interested in her ***kin shopping than his welfare.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Yes, he’s obviously in the right, but he came accross (to me) just as arrogant as the woman in the Focus

REALLY??? I thought he was very chilled all things considered – I would have been going skits!

BenjiM

Thank god I don’t live in London!

Some bad language and loud noises in this one.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w&feature=related[/video]

billysugger
    Free Member

That last guy shouldn’t live in a city. 10% of those were justified rants but I think he probably does it for a hobby

Stoner
    Free Member

I get vicarious high blood pressure just watching ^ that video.
    Ive been riding in london for nearly 15 years and only ever had one near miss, and that was at a pleasantly sedate pace at that.

He needs to relax more and realise that everyone has to read ahead and adjust their speed for other road uses when there’s not enough tarmac for all the cars.

project
    Free Member

The guyin the vid above does seem to attract numerous nutters in vehicles that seem to want to knock him off.

sam123
    Free Member

It is funny how the guy in the last vid shouts out all of the registrations, not sure what he is trying to achieve.

Plus, he just seems like an idiot and most of the time he is just looking for trouble. I mean, with the last clip, there is a cycle lane and he is not even in it…

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Pepper spray pepper spray pepper spray, that is all i got to say

GrahamS

It is funny how the guy in the last vid shouts out all of the registrations, not sure what he is trying to achieve.

He’s recording the reg on film so he has it if he decides to report them to police, or just post their reg on YouTube.

there is a cycle lane and he is not even in it…

🙄

MarkN
    Free Member

Yeah that last one does seem to be very very unlucky or does he create the situation in some instances. If I was that unlucky I would sell the bike before it killed me.

nonk
    Free Member

reckon he brings most of it on himself to be honest, just accept the fact that most folks drive around in energy saver mode and chill the f@@k out.

superfli
    Free Member

Agree with Stoner on that vid. OK a number of tight squeezes by some idiots, but also if he wants to remain fit and healthy he really ought to read the road better. He can easily avoid a lot of those incidents if he wanted to. Not a good advert for cycling in London though lol!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

the one where the vehicle squeezes past going over a double white line for example – he is obviously aware of the vehicle behind as he keeps looking. sit up and stare them down – make then see its a human being.

some of his road positioning and anticipation was not great either

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I do wonder why he was so upset with most of those not so near misses. His road craft leaves a lot to be desired. OK some of the drivers were twunts, but most of that was just riding through city traffic. Learn to read the road, ride sensibly and defensively, but not like a prize plum. Some of his road positioning was really pretty poor. OK he may have been ‘in the right’ for some of them, but ride for the conditions around you.

Anyway, can’t have been that bad as there weren’t any Addison Lee cars featured!

hh45
    Free Member

Agreed foot flaps…Motorists are the same to pedestrians. If you are slow crossing a road in central London, and the lights change lorries and cars will drive at you. There is an unwritten heirachy. Motors good ….get out of my way the rest of you! Where I used to work on many occasion I saw cars lorries and even motorbikes bullying elderly and slower people as they crossed the main road..

I don’t agree at all. Riding in London is fairly safe (Zones 1 and 2) due to weight of traffic, tightness of roads, speed limits, critical mass of cyclists and sheer number of lights and pedestrian crossings.

Why would a motorist want to hurt a cyclist? It makes no sense to me. I’m oftem amazed at the tolerance of motorists as I cut them up, overtake, sail to the front of the queue and generally leave them for dead. And I don’t jump lights or do anything really wrong, just that bikes are so much nimbler. Riders with a bad attitude seem to attract abusive motorists and vice versa.

radoggair
    Free Member

Can i say that he was in the right in ALL of these. Regardless of his road positioning, he has as much right to that LANE as any other driver there. Not once was he on the wrong side of the road or commit any road act offense
    For everyone on here who posts well this and that about the cyclist, remember if he was a policeman on a bike he would pull over everyone of those for reckless or careless driving. Its the job of a driver to be road aware as well. Will it take a person dying before we get something done about these drivers.
    As cyclists we should take as much responsibility as possible to limit chances of being hurt but as long as we stay legal on the road and use some awareness to avoid causing accidents ( different to being involved) then thats our responsibility.

Another way, if he was not a cyclist but a car driver how would it look.

1/ pulling out in front of me at junctions
    2/ turning into junctions in front of me
    3/ crossing double white lines into oncoming traffic
    4/ cutting me up coming towards traffic islands
    5/ squeezing past me to overtake forcing me into the side of the road

etc etc etc

None would be blamed on the car driver but cause its a cyclist its o.k.

You people are as guilty as those in the vid

🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

raddogair – you are right. My point was that he might have avoided some by riding differently. I do not blame the rider but in some cases I would have been further right in the lane and I would have tried to make eye contact with the drivers.

nonk
    Free Member

personaly i just dont need or expect the same room as a car it’s a busy world out there yknow.

if we all ride around in the middle of the lane demanding our three feet of course people are going to get hacked of and do silly thing to over take. Help folks out a bit and your sketchy interactions with drivers will plummet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Much safer in the middle of the lane NOnk – its the right place to be. even the IAM agree

radoggair
    Free Member

TJ – we’re on the same track here which is good, sometimes we cannot always ( or remember, esp in a busy city centre) where to place ourselves on the road.
    Me personally, i always ride about 2 foot from the kerb, make sure plenty of room for drains, pot holes etc but i know plenty, and i mean plenty, of cyclists who ride so close to the kerb they have to avoid drains – why do they do that.
    I just dont see how anyone can blame the cyclist in any of those clips. Those who do shouldn’t be on the road either ( irrespective of his positioning)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Reality of the roads can be stressful enough without watching it from someone elses camera! A wicker basket full of soggy tomatoes is where its at. No chat.. Just a slap of tomato in the drivers face when they wind the window down. They wont chase after you.You could even continue the journey as if nothing had happened. :OD

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I ride 3 – 5 ft from the kerb as my default position – I will go to 2/3 of the way across my lane if I really want to hold it.. that gives me plenty of room to cut in towards the kerb if a car tries to squeeze past and does make the squeeze past less likely although some of them would still have tried I guess

superfli
    Free Member

raddogair, not blaming the cyclist or any driver for that matter. Too many people try to look at the “who is right and who is wrong” regarding traffic accidents/driving/riding.
    Who is right or wrong means f all when you are sat in a hospital bed recovering from an incident. The point is getting from A to B safely, trying your best to avoid incidents on the way.

Raddogair, I’d rather be alive and wrong than right and dead. That guy is just a t*at – I see loads of them on my commute, merrily going through reds, over pedestrain crossings and on pavements, but shouting their tits off for some minor car driver infringement. If car drivers drove like cyclists; carnage. Learn to live with others mistakes or just get off your bike and on a tube. In all the many years I’ve been commuting (before the Ice Age, don’t you know) I’ve only had two occasions where someone really tried to knock me off – loads more bother in the car. In my sad old unfashionable opinion, we’re all just trying to get to work as quickly as possible, if I make a mistake on a bike I might hit the deck, if a driver does it, someone gets hurt. That guy is WAY to stessed to be on a bike; or any mode of transport. That said, the initial video is a right shocker.

radoggair
    Free Member

Sevenpillars – but the fact was this ‘tw*t’ never went through any red lights, onto pavements, through pedestrian crossings. The fact was he done everythin legal on a bike – yet you slag him.
    Dam right i’ve swore at cars, but then they have done something horrendous to me and its my life at risk, not theirs so a little swearing by me is by little contrast compared to potential murder by them. And whilst driving your car how many times have you swore at another car driver for some foolish mistake, granted he cant here you from the comfort of your car, but cos a cyclist does it it doesn’t make him a tw*t
    Oh, and in most cities the quickest way from A to B is by bike !!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Another cyclist knocked down and then run over by another driver…’ is closed to new replies.