Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another crossmax sx wheel question
  • backtothetop
    Free Member

Just got a 2012 specialized status which i intend to put my crossmaxs on,
    currently i have the rear as a QR on my trance x, the status has a 135mm bolt through rear, do i need another adapter for this or can i use the QR setup?

I have the 20mm adapters for the front and 142×12 for the rear which came with the wheels but bolt through rears are new to me?

Ideally id like to use the bolt through on the rear if i can.

Wheels are 2012 crossmax sx.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it a 135x12mm rear or a 135x10mm bolt-though on normal QR-style dropouts?

Either way your wheels will work with them and you won’t need more adaptors. The QR bits pull out and what’s left works with 135×12 if needed.

But I think the one thing you can’t do is use a 135x10mm bolt-through rear. Might be wrong though.

Northwind

What size is the bolt-through? It can be 10mm or 12mm. 10mm fits in a standard dropout so a QR wheel would normally fit, 12mm is different and needs a 12mm axle.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Rear is 135×10 according to one review i just read, I would try it now but im trying to hide the bike at the moment as my mrs is on the way home and she dosnt know ive got it yet.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Just had a look and yeah its got dropouts the same size as my trance.

backtothetop
    Free Member

and im in the clear. The response was’oh thats nice’

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tY1bcn-EsE&list=PL5A44D9F2F8713154&index=7[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another crossmax sx wheel question’ is closed to new replies.