Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another car thread
  • cudubh

Sorry, yet one more what car thread. Last week one of our neighbours drove into the back of my car while my wife was on the way to work in it. She was only driving it because hers was in the garage trying to find out why it keeps running out of oil. I was told yesterday it was a write off. It is a 2007 Yaris so not worth a huge amount, yet to hear a figure from the insurance company. I will need to get a replacement. I was happy enough with the Yaris, not particularly special but did the job so would be willing to get another. Was also thinking of looking at an Ibiza. Budget is up to about £6000 or thereabouts. Looking for something economical and reliable and if it was quite nice that would be good but not the top priority. What else should I be looking at in that sort of car beyond a Yaris or Ibiza?

jimjam
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Auris is unloved and often v good value used bs more popular Yaris, imho not as nice to drive as Yaris but that bit bigger. Newer model Yaris a bit bigger than 2007 cars. As you like the Toyota you might look at Civic too. Jazz super practical but “pensioner” image and so-so on motorway (as are older Yaris imo)

So much choice in that segment really, Polo / Fabia from VAG. Fiesta etc

hammyuk
    Free Member

A little more on the budget will get you a very clean, low mileage A3 Sportback DSG 😉

cudubh

An A3 would be rather nice or even that flash Audi in the picture but just getting back into work after two years out redundant so already pushing the budget at £6k. Quite fancied a fast Focus with the 4WD but sadly not a realistic option.

Had a new Yaris as a courtesy car while they were assessing my one and it is much nicer. Mine did struggle a bit on motorways but was a great runabout in town and short journeys. Will have a look at Auris. Thought a Civic might be a bit expensive unless go for something pretty old. Ideally, looking for something reasonably new to hang on to for as long as possible. Really there is a lot of choice as said, Fabia, Polo etc. Too much really for an indecisive person like me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Last week one of our neighbours drove into the back of my car while my wife was on the way to work in it

Is that a hatchback?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another car thread’ is closed to new replies.