Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Another blog
  • druidh
    Free Member

I’ve occasionally done wee write-ups on this forum after some of my travels. I seem to be getting a bit more verbose these days (maybe I have too much time to kill), so I thought I’d start jotting them down in the form of an ongoing blog.

I’ve never tried blogging before and I’m sure, like the majority, it’ll soon fall into dis-use. However, in the meantime, here it is. Hope you enjoy and comments are always very welcome (on style/presentation/layout too).

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/

mustard
    Free Member

I thought you might find your flow after reading your piece on dgoab’s blog 😉

You really should use a picture of Scotland rather than Greece as your banner though 😆

Looks good!

plodtv
    Free Member

subscribed, looks good

druidh
    Free Member

Mustard – I’ll have you know that’s the west coast of Harris!

Andituk
    Free Member

Added to blogroll, liked the first post, well written 🙂

DaRC_L

Ermmm I think you need to check the format in Firefox – it’s a bit all over the place on my version (but it could just be me)

druidh
    Free Member

DaRC L – I’ve just installed Firefox 6.0.2 (the latest version) and it seems fine.

yunki
    Free Member

very readable indeed.. thanks

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Oh i meant to say, you can always link to mine too 😀 *adds linking druidh’s blog to mine to the huge to do list*

tony_m
    Free Member

Bookmarked, and look forward to reading more! Thanks druidh. 🙂

mustard
    Free Member

dgoab – he’s way ahead of you, check the links page!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I did earlier – i couldn’t see it. Its probably just my old browser 🙁

mustard
    Free Member

The Singletrackworld Forums. To quote someone else – “like arguing with a load of angry strangers in a badly run bike shop”. However, there are also moments of pure gold.

pescetarianrevolutions: another interesting blog to fill your time.

🙂 I really should get some work done today…

lowey

Looking good mate. Some very nice pics too. Following!

Bez

Your colour combinations are making my eyes bleed. Bright turquoise on green? Seriously?

rOcKeTdOg

I thought my blog would die, 2 years later its still motivating me to get out and ride, will give yours a look when i get on a proper PC

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Another call to please change the colour combos. I like reading biking blogs, but not when they’re so difficult to read. Black on white background is common for a reason!

druidh
    Free Member

Interesting comments on the colour combo. I tried it on a number of devices, including my phone and it all looked fine. Is it a lack of contrast that is the problem or an issue with some form of colour-blindness?

wors

Following. Would prefer white text though.

rootes1

def white text

druidh
    Free Member

So – someone wants black text on white and we have two preferences for white text.

I’m keen to make it as reader-friendly as possible, so could someone explain what they see as the problem?

Is there some element of colour-blindness, variation in viewing screens, or is it a case of what you’re used to?

wors

just a contrast thing for me, if you’re happy though then leave it.

Bez

It’s not contrast, it’s saturation. The text is pure cyan, which has maximum saturation in the RGB space. When you use highly saturated colours, edges can tend to ‘bleed’ a bit, especially if your monitor isn’t great or your vision isn’t perfect – so they’re ok for display text but not body text (the headings suffer less from this issue – though the colour still grates somewhat against that of the background somewhat; and, less objectively, pure cyan is minging).

It’s a bit like trying to read text that’s written entirely in neon lights – the visual equivalent of eating a five-course meal that’s been made entirely from Haribo Tangfastics.

White or near-white text is much more easy on the eye with that background.

yoshimi

I follow Lowey, Trio, Donk and BadlyWiredDog off here plus a cyclocross racer from Oregon and a Photographer from NYC….thats it, every other blog I’ve read is dross!

Druid, yours looks very readable, I will now add you to my RSS feed thing (I dont have my own blog, I’m just not interesting enough).

Is RSS the best way or is there something else out there?

druidh
    Free Member

Vex – thanks for the explanation, I really appreciate it. I’ll have another look at colours over the next few days.

Part 4 has now been published. I’ll be popping up a summary article too.

jedi

nice. i write a blog almost everyday too. it’s hard for me to write stuff down as my brain dont work that way 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Glad to see you’re wearing a Mleh top on the banner pic.

Make sure the lads don’t drink all that beer Dave’s made before I get there tomorrow.

eating a five-course meal that’s been made entirely from Haribo Tangfastics. And the problem is??

druidh
    Free Member

Last bit…

http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2011/09/c2c-summary.html

Stay tuned for further adventures 🙂

plodtv
    Free Member

It is a really good read! Just wanted to mention in regards to font colour; the feed seems to have cyan text which on a white background is very difficult to read.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Another blog’ is closed to new replies.