Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Another big new trail centre in Lancashire :-)
  • lowey

(Correct me on this please). Didnt a wealthy lad benevolently donate all his Rivi' land to the council who are now UU and no longer owned by the public?

Not strictly true. Liverpool Water Company undertook a compulsory purchase of Levers land in order to protect the purity of the water obtained from the Rivington Reservoirs. He screwed them for a pretty good deal though, he gifted the right for public access to the land, not the land itself. Thats how UU came to own the area. Its also the same reason why there arnt many pubs in the area too. The old Ale house in Rivington Village was closed and knocked down as it was feared that the sanitary conditions in the pub would contaminate the water.

hora
    Free Member

Ta Lowey.

stumpyjon

Be interresting to see how if at all this affects the trails at Gisburn. Could be good or bad, might divert funding away, on the other hand may making East Lancs a mini 7 Stanes in time. Gisburn, Lee Quarry (which they have many plans to extend) and now this new one all within 45 minutes of each other. Couple that with waymarked loops like the Mary Townley and the new loop (West Pennine Moors Loop) they're building between Rivi and Rossendale plus all the natural stuff, MTB mecca, and I live pretty much in the middle 😆 .

Vortexracing

Vortex – Thats all very well if you live in London (or one of its suburbs) but most of us don't. I agree that London gets alot of money spent on it but you travel outside of the M25 and its a different story

I was referring to the 'merchant bankers' bigsi, they seem to get all the tax payers dosh.

In fact there's an idea, we could call it 'Longridge trail centre bank' that way money will just come pouring in.

Sorry, not really applicable to this thread, it just winds me up no end.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

stumpyjon, hope you're feeling better now. Give me your email address and I'll fill you in on some details.

stumpyjon

Hi Paul

yeah

yeah no idea what hit me on Sunday, got home, went straight to bed, got up at 3:00, was back in bed by 3:40, got up at 6:00 and then slept all night. Must've knackered myself on Saturday. Email is sandjkunj at talktalk dot net.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

my understanding is that TillHill make not a lot on tree's so a "Landegla" type senario should appeal

personally I can't see the downside, the money wanted for matched funding would be spent on some other project so why not an mtb centre

hopefully is will be "raceable" and another opportunity for the "sport" side opens up

fizzer
    Free Member

What worries me is all the natural singletrack in the area is going to be manicured.

2hottie
    Free Member

Ace more new places to play. Hope that we can help dig on that project too so we can add a few spicy bits in. Trail centres have there place, for me they just make going for a ride easier as you don't really have to think.. I much prefer the big natural rides that you get in the lakes but for an evening stomp or a crappy weather day they are perfect. As for the money aspect, who cares as long as the trails are good.

I do recall someone suggesting that LLC have wanted to develop a mini 7stanes in Lancs which is good in my book.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

if anyone is interested in doing what we doo at Lee Quarry at the new Longridge site get in touch

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

johnhe

Hora, you do come across as a real grumpy, un-pleasable old git!

hora
    Free Member

johnhe I can be. Luckily I recognise the times when Ive been abit too grumpy and apologise. Feeling tiptop today though 😀

Ps. I scrapped my car against the gate post on the drive this morning- I just shrugged and went on my way

Oggles
    Free Member

I went up this weekend for the first time in what seemed months, which is bad considering how close it is. I like the place, but it seems like it takes forever to dry out after rain, especially cheeky routes through the trees. It's only the good footpaths that dry out easily! Good weatherproof trails would be a very welcome addition IMO.

if anyone is interested in doing what we doo at Lee Quarry at the new Longridge site get in touch

Do you mean interest in hosting/organising, or would there be interest racing? I don't think I could commit the time to organisation (mainly due to studies and being out of the area during term time etc) but I would gladly get involved with marshalling, race day activities/preparation etc. as it's within riding distance from home.

Would the potential to host a racing series help out with planning applications etc, or help convince those with power that it's a worthy development? Or are wheels already in motion so to speak?

Is there any more info on this project as I've read the same thing posted around other forums. I'd be interested to read more about it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've read the same thing posted around other forums

Where have you read the same things?

Pieface

Would help to keep some of the trails quieter in the Peak.

grumm
    Free Member

So is it open yet? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

so you did not get your invite then

grumm
    Free Member

No 🙁

But seriously – anyone got any more details?

stumpyjon

Anyone who has read this thread should have by now been shot as it is all top secret stuff, so shhhhhhh……..

And from what I understand it's very early days, rather sensitive and won't be happening anytime soon.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Another big new trail centre in Lancashire :-)’ is closed to new replies.