Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another Alps question re: insurance/cover – soooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy
  • rascal
    Free Member

Need to get cover with either Snowcard/Dogtag etc but just remembered last time I went abroad I had a E111 or EHIC card – still the case? (Greece no biking last year). Trip-specific insurance needed for bike too – will try current home insurer first but is there a go-to Alps trip bike insurer type of outfit?

barnes95
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from the Alps last week and I used snowcard. Luckily I didn’t have to use it but I’ve heard they are very good with claims. Was very easy to get a quote and they send you a card and a wrist band. I paid £68 which covered my iphone, gopro, luggage, bike (£1500) and myself.

iolo
    Free Member
    parkesie
    Free Member

Just got back we took e111 and a group insurance for extreme sports.
    Glad we did as it covered the ambulance and hospital bills that didnt come under the e111 for the guy who smashed his shoulder to bits.

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks iolo 😉
    Will have a look tomorrow…

rascal
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect but assuming the health insurer doesn’t cover bikes (some don’t), what did you do/who did you use? Going to Morzine Fri and still haven’t sorted anything out! Have some quotes but some don’t cover the bike….cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another Alps question re: insurance/cover – soooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy’ is closed to new replies.