Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another accident statistic
  • Stranger
    Free Member

That Lance Armstrong – He’s a proper copycat. “Anything you can do I ca do better.”
    So here’s a picture of my snapped clavicle from Friday:

To read about the accident go HERE

Two comments:
    What’s the fine for being caught on train without a ticket? A small fraction of the price of a ticket? £200 is the fine for having no insurance.
    Why does the British justice system think that a petty financial crime against a huge, faceless organisation more heinous than a crime that can compound the grief of families and possibly result in death in the case of hit and run?

When I renew my vehicle licence tax a computer system knows:
    my car and it’s owner
    whether it has a valid MOT certificate covering the end/start of the period of taxation
    whether the driver and the car are insured.

So why, then, do they estimate that 30% of cars on the road are not insured.
    That’s a hell of a lot of cars.

Right I’m off for a slump in my comfy chair, listen to some bangin choons through a haze of pain killer induced euphoria.
    Thought I’d start with the new Prodigy – “Motorists must die”

Laters! 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Get well soon! Sounds nasty.
    Did you track down the driver + discover that they were uninsured or was this just a general rant?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That sounds really quite nasty. Hope they track the bastards in the Yaris and throw the book at them. failure to stop / report an accident is a serious offence. I would think that they must have it on CCTV somewhere.

Mend quickly

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hope you get well soon.

TBH I don’t think it’s lack of insurance that kills folk – more likely bad driving.

terrahawk
    Free Member

OK, enough about you. How’s your bike? Is it an ex-Pompino?

Stranger
    Free Member

Thanks for your support.
    Do you reckon I’ll be back on the bike in time for Wild Boar 24?

MrAgreeable

If they can’t trace the driver then you can claim for compensation for your injuries through the Motor Insurers Bureau. I know it won’t be as satisfying as hanging the idiots out to dry, but still…

http://www.mib.org.uk/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another accident statistic’ is closed to new replies.