Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anodising recommendation here!
  • stevied
    Free Member

Anyone after some anodising I can recommend these guys: Chameleon Anodising

They did a linkage and shoulder bolts I’d made and have done a cracking job. Good price and very fast turn-around (I am not affiliated in any way 🙂 )

Here’s what they did for me (was aiming for Kashima. It’s close and I’m happy with it as it matches the Atlas Kash Gold bars and it’s a little darker in real life)

spicer
    Free Member

Looks great. How much was that? Was thinking of getting some brake levers done, ballpark cost would be handy!

stevied
    Free Member

Minimum order of £15 + £5 return postage. Not sure how much the initial charge covers tho. They are based in Sandhurst so could probably save money by dropping off/collecting if local.

Here’s a better pic:

swavis

Wow, that looks lovely. I’ve recently got a new 5axis machine here at work and can’t wait to start making a few bike bits when time allows 😀

stevied
    Free Member

can’t wait to start making a few bike bits when time allows

You’ll find that you can make time if it’s a personal job. I tend to get the machine programmed and tools/datums set whilst running another machine..saves a lot of your own time that way 😉

Northwind

That’s really nice, on all fronts.

Steve the Anodiser is another great option, he did my frame and hubs and was very obliging doing a replacement seatstay after I broke the original. I don’t know if there’s a minimum order but in terms of value it wasn’t any more expensive than a quality powdercoat

fathomer

Looks great that and a lot cheaper than I’d have thought.

Now get it fitted and post a pic of the whole bike 😀

stevied
    Free Member

Steve the Anodiser

Ah, I think this may be Steve the Anodiser. Is he based in Sandhurst @ Acorn? Think these are the same place. I dealt with Jay..

Will do, Fathomer. It is all fitted but too dark to get a decent pic 😉

Northwind

Hah, I think it is then. Could be wrong though, will look it up.

By coincidence, I called in at http://www.hard-anodising.co.uk/ in Kidderminster on my way home today to ask about getting some parts anodised red.
    I asked about prices and he said about £10 for a seat post and £15 for a rim, or bring the pair of rims and post in as a batch for £30. A bit more if they need to strip the lacquer off the rims.
    Does anyone know if Velocity Dually rims are lacquered? Just got to wait until they turn up with my Rooster frame now.

Oh, and that linkage looks lovely, both the part itself and the finish.
    Mrs MTG’s son has recently bought a lathe and milling attachment which he has said I can use if I want. I think we’re both a long way off attempting anything that complex.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Red you say ,this is the same ceramic we put on our chainrings as hard as hard ano only comes in bright colours and not dull undertones

stevied if you had used 7075 and gone for hardano gold you would have got a kashima colour also

either way they both scratch if you drop a hammer on em

stevied
    Free Member

Hard anodising are good. we use them with work but for a business they have a minimum order of something like £200 😯

Thanks for the compliments. I’ve got access to about £250k worth of machines and CAD/CAM which makes things a bit easier 😉

stevied
    Free Member

Here it is on the bike:

bullandbladder
    Free Member

By coincidence, I’ve been to Hard-ano today too,
    Well,Lost Wax Developments next door actually. But still machining-related so it counts.
    That linkage is luvverly – out of interest, is it a copy of original pivot centres, or are you playing with geometry?

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks. The pivot centres are the same as the original. Happy with the geometry so kep all that the same. Just altered the inside and outside to beef it up a bit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anodising recommendation here!’ is closed to new replies.