Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • annoying click- suggestions please.
  • larry

I have a click when pedaling stood up coming from somewhere on my bike. It comes at the same point when I turn my cranks just as my pedal reaches the bottom part of its stroke. I have recently replaced the cassette, chain and chainrings and the gears are well setup. The rear wheel is done up nice and tight and everything which should be tight or greased is. I have swapped pedals and the click remains. Has anybody got any suggestions of what it might be as its driving me mad. Cheers in advance.

locomotive

My guess is Bottom Bracket – use copperslip on the threads.

brakes
    Free Member

I got this earlier in the year, turned out that the crank was loose on the BB splines and the part of the crank which engages with the splines was a little damaged

xander
    Free Member

My 2p worth

Obvious ones to check –

BB is tight and greased.
    Cranks are tight and all bolts tight and splines greased.

Perhaps less obvious –

Chainring bolt loose?
    Rear wheel/ hub – either not tight or play in a hub?
    Mech hanger tight (this happened to me once and was driving me potty!!)

rhys_gibby
    Free Member

Check stem/handle bar/headset.

I've had a similar problem on my road bike, sounded like BB but the clicking from the stem/bar was in sync with the pedal stroke.

By the end of this thread you will have undone, re-greased and re-done every bolt on your rig!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Pedals? Tried swapping them?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I'd guess pedals but you've replaced them so I'd re-torque the bb to be sure. Other options might be the freehub or rear mech hanger bolt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘annoying click- suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.