Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ankle injury query?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Back in May this year i stepped out my front door 6" step and my foot gave way twisted on its edge pointing up at me. I was in agony in a heap on the floor and my whole lower leg felt like it was literally on fire. Never ever experienced pain like it.

Ankle/foot obviously swelled up lots and i found it hard to walk for a week or two but gradually it got better. However now though i regularly get twinges from my tendon that runs at the back of my foot/heel and it is sore if i touch it/tap it.

Is this a sign that i actually damaged myself more than i thought?

Oh and no i didn't seek any medical advice when it happened as i thought it was just a sprain etc etc.

domino

Ligament damage? I fell and twisted my ankle in a similar way, let it heal and then did the same thing again. Spoke to the doc the second time and he said it can take a while to heal properly. Also got some ankle strengthening excercises from a physio. She gave me a big rubber band thing for using to do the excercises and said balancing games on the Wii would help once it was healed.

CheesybeanZ

wobble board and streching help

Smee
    Free Member

Could be nerve damage.

Keva
    Free Member

I'd get it checked out by a physio if it were me, and yep, as above, you probably need to do some strengthening work on it.

having smashed my ankle into pieces ten years ago it was many years before it was anything close to normal again, it took alot of work and patience.

Kev

coffeeking
    Free Member

I twisted my ankle while running, was very painful also but not broken. Seems I damaged tendons and they started to bind. Apparently they are within a protective sheath and if they get scar tissue it tends to grab within the sheath and really **** hurts, I've had my foot lock up when doused in cold water at the beach!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ankle injury query?’ is closed to new replies.