Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ankle Braces
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

hello,

Recently (2-3 weeks ago)I was playing 5 aside football during the match I managed to roll my ankle I knew Id done but carried on playing didn’t think nothing of it as you do ill try and ‘run it off’. The next morning however it was extremely swollen and could not put any weight on it.

A hobble to the walk in centre confirmed what I had done. They said I have torn my AFTL and PFTL to me this does not mean allot but I have been following there advice. I was advised to get a brace for it. i got a cheap brace from boot as I needed one right away but I am finding that the brace I got is quite bulky.

Generally I am very active I will ride to work every day and was playing football sometimes twice a week. i still plan to rest for the period of time the doctor recommended but I am looking for a more suitable brace/support.the brace i have at the moment seems buly and have trouble getting my cycling shoes on with it.

ideally I can wear it now to help it recover and so that when I get active again it will just give that little bit of support.

i emailed one place they suggested this:

Medi Levamed Ankle Brace

was taken back by the price is it really worth it or are there others that are a tad cheaper and just as good?

help appreciated

Liam

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

my left ankle is pretty much mullered and I will eventually have to have it fused, I recently had a cortisone in it (which helped a lot) but up till then I was using a six six one ankle brace for riding/walking and it has been a great help for me, cheap as chips too (£15) HTH

Lifer
    Free Member

I used the 661 ankle brace too after a 5-aside ‘incident’

Without it I wouldn’t have been able to cycle at all.

‘Race Brace Pro’ I think it’s called

stealthcat

Another vote for the 661 version – I used it after a broken ankle, and the physio at CPSIC took one look at it and asked where I’d got it from, as he wanted to get them for some of his other patients…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ankle Braces’ is closed to new replies.