Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • animals and their ability to adapt
  • nickhart
    Free Member

took number two daughter to rother valley yesterday kayaking. great fun and a glorious day.
    anyhow paddling round the island being five metres from a great crested grebe sat on it’s nest and about the same from a heron. just past the heron there was a rock with a funny shape on it. at first i thought it was a log. closer inspection it was a terrapin, must have been 8inch across. just sat there basking in the sun.
    now it was probably let out by someone but how’s it survive and look so comfortable in an old open cast mine filled with water? i thought they needed loads of looking after.
    having told the woman at the counter she said oh yeah we’ve got allsorts in there!

philconsequence
    Free Member

animals are fantastic at adapting, the following proves it harder than elfin in a barbara windsor dream:

(Want to blag a free tenner from me to do a good deed with?JOIN ME HERE YOU KIND SEXY PERSON YOU)

Klunk
    Free Member

bet that heron is really looking forward to tucking into those baby grebes.

swamp_boy

Most animals are far more adaptable than people think, round here we have alligator snapping turtles in the R Lea. They can pull geese under.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘animals and their ability to adapt’ is closed to new replies.