Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Angry cows!
  • mr_krabs
    Free Member

Almost got done over by a dozen heffers tonight. went through a gate onto a narrow track and there was no clear route past them, so slowly rode towards them as I normally do expecting them to move out the way as per normal. Not this time though. These were bad ass cows. A couple of the big uns turned to face me and started to trot towards me whilst making a load of noise. I stopped, at which point they all started heading toward me, and sped up a little. I realised they had smelt my fear so I turned and rode back to the gate thinking that would be enough to calm the situation.
    Oh no. They were now running toward me. I slammed the gate behind me and the feckers were still after me, trying to push past the gate and kick my fat ass.
    Be careful out there people.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Why people ride in Newcastle after dark I'll never know…

hh45
    Free Member

don't mistake youthful enthusiasm and curiosity for aggression. If they were really just heifers then they would never hurt an adult human. If you were mistaken and in fact they were young bullocks; i.e. beef cattle then they could get a bit frisky and over energetic but if you hold your ground and do nothing sudden you should be fine. Cows with young could get a bit funny as well but surely you would have described them diffferently? If cattle are really a threat to safety they shouldn't be in a field where there is a public path (I think this is the law but stand to be proved wrong…). Hope you closed the gate properly anyway!!

Talkemada
    Free Member

You ponce!

I would have punched the first one that came near me, then asked if any of the others fancied a go.

Bastards. You can't let your life be ruled by cahs.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

My dog excited one nearly enough to come through a fence today! Made me beat a hasty retreat!
    Having witnessed a cow hurdle two fences when scared I'm rather cautious now!!

scraprider
    Free Member

um is anyone liable for anything

mr_krabs
    Free Member

There were a few young ones. They weren't curious they wanted to **** me up. Which is fair enough as they probably thought I was some sort of pervert, all dressed up in lycra. Not a bad judge of character as it happens.

sweepy
    Free Member

A friend of mine was attacked by cow and kicked unconscious, worst that happened to me was being mugged by a gang of rowdy sheep when I stopped for lunch in the hills near edale, feckers nicked my cheesy wotsits, there was just so many of them.

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

I got Scared t'other day was riding down a hill through a fiekd that usually has sheep in however this time it had a load of horses in each with a foal. this field is on the side of a hill and the exit gate and most of the field is hidden behind a copse didn't see the horses untill to late about 6 came for me proper shat me self i did.

Talkemada
    Free Member

They weren't curious they wanted to **** me up.

😆

Brilliant.

feckers nicked my cheesy wotsits, there was just so many of them.

That's proper tickled me, nice one! The idea of a bunch of delinquent sheep! 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

return immediatly and get your cow tipping revenge, do it now or they could enslave the lot of us!

kiwijohn

Was he packing an Uzi?

kevonakona
    Free Member

<sober realism>
    Cows get a bit defensive at this time of the year. Some may have calves and they will stand up to you to defend them. That's why you should check for wee cows first. A few tonnes of beef and milk on the hoof will send you flying.
    </sober realism>

MrsToast
    Free Member

If they were really just heifers then they would never hurt an adult human

Don't cows kill more people than bulls? I know they're particularly edgy if they have calves, but I think any herd (including heifers) can end up stampeding if they get spooked.

I'd give any field with a variety of differently sized cows a warning – it either means cows and a bull, or worse, cows and their calves!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8216869.stm

simon1975

We gotta get those fat cheeky bulls into that big bloody metal ship!

wwaswas

a sheep did run across about 150yds of field to hit my front wheel and knock me off my bike once.

I was between it and the flock and I think it had a panic.

Cows at this time of year – steer clear.

crocodilian
    Free Member

My dog excited one nearly enough to come through a fence today!

Disgusting behaviour.

CheesybeanZ

did you have cravendale in your backpack , its so good they want it back 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I wouldn't argue with a stampeeding cow or cows for that matter. As a vet I have been on the receiving end of several kicks (one to the groin area – ouch ) and barges etc and I'd rather come off my bike TBH 🙂

verses

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Angry cows!’ is closed to new replies.