Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Angostura Bitters
  • sturmey
    Free Member

My Dad introduced me to the stuff many years ago. I drink it with tonic water when I'm out and have to drive. Now I'm not a big fan of reading but have just read the label on the bottle and bu99er me its only bloody 44% alc. Best not to have a pint first from now on. I should have known better really, we were at a family bash years ago and noticed my Dad drinking a bottle of "k" cider and thought it strange as he only used to drink bitter. I asked him why the cider to which he replied " oh I'm driving so I thought I would try this alcohol free cider" !!

Drac

Yeah but you only use a little so not much left once you add a mixer. I'd have thought the fact it's in the sprits section at supermarkets would be a clue.

GrahamS

Mmm… long vodka with bitters.. drink of my youth…

Only a few drops of bitters mind.

sturmey
    Free Member

Yeah I know just took me by surprise really. The kids like it too 8 and 11 years. Does this make me a bad parent?

MrOvershoot

No I think that's fine Sturmey, I was allowed watered down red wine @ about 8. I'm only slightly alcoholic these days 😉

TBH Angostura & Tonic is the only drink that gets me through "dry" spells

iDave
    Free Member

I have some Dr Michaelsons bitter from Denmark – its fiery and well appreciated stuff

peasnotwar
    Free Member

Add a splash to an orange juice…. very good for colds (old wifes tale that appears to work with absolutely no scientific back up)!!!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Angostura Bitters’ is closed to new replies.