Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anglesey Routes
  • drofluf
    Free Member

Spending a week there at the end of the month and been granted approval to take a bike along 🙂

Any good routes (gpx's appreciated) on Anglesey itself as I doubt I'll get permission to go to Snowdon 🙁

drofluf
    Free Member

***Bump***

Ambrose

Nope, not that I ever found, although I had an agreeable enough time in Newborough Forest. Lots of sandy trails.

MrOvershoot

After a week of exploring I decided road routes on Anglesey are best (some proper gurning hills mind) 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

I used to live there but at the time did not have a mountain bike. There are some fantastic roads to be ridden.

Kevevs
    Free Member

rubbish for MTb, would make a nice road ride though. think it's 120 mile loop or something like that, it's totally flat. Gonna give it a go one weekend with a B&B stopover.

edit: or maybe 120 mile loop from my house, I figured some numbers out once! you'll be looking at the mountains the whole while though and wondering why you aren't up there!

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I've lapped it a few times – tougher than you might think especially if it's windy…it's mostly windy.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I'd imagine that's just westerly winds though not the whole way round? it can deffo be a windy **** riding from Llandudno to Bangor.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Well I seemed to be riding into the wind pretty much constantly last time I did it – as impossible as that sounds. I see that route is from a few years ago as I did Holy Island too last time – very scenic.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anglesey Routes’ is closed to new replies.