Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Angleset for Turner Sultan and tapered steerer fork
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Headsets confuse the crap out of me.
    Anglesets confuse me even more.

I have a Turner Sultan which has a 44mm headtube*
    I have some Pike forks with a tapered steerer.

Can I get an angleset thing to slacken the ….angles?

*I think. A big one?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You can, I did. Up to 2.0 degrees is now available. You’ll lose approximately 8-10mm reach and jack the front up a bit, which isn’t compensated for fully by the forks being a bit more raked out.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What one did you use?

rexated
    Free Member

You can get offset shock bushings from burgtech which might be a more straightforward solution…drops the bb a tad too, which isn’t a bad thing on the sultan.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

they sell the offset bushings on the turner site – I have a sultan and am about to buy the bushings – could order two and send one on – or if you are near surrey could pick it up. Might be getting other stuff as well, not sure yet.

rickon
    Free Member

You’ll lose approximately 8-10mm reach and jack the front up a bit

Do you mean the front end would be *lower*, if you slacken the headset, the front end will drop.

Fitting offset bushings will drop the BB, and reduce the reach also. All solutions to slacken a head angle will do the same.

The question is, are you happy with a slightly shorter reach for a slacker bike? 2 degrees is pretty significant.

rickon
    Free Member

they sell the offset bushings on the turner site

Just buy them from offsetbushing, UK based, cheap postage. You don’t need to buy them direct from Turner.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No. The combined stack height of the 2 external bearings of the headset is greater than the quite small drop provided by raking out the fork. The net effect is jacking the front up.

Depending on one’s individual cockpit setup, you may or may not have sufficient space to account for the difference.

I combined the angleset with a set of off set bushes too. It made it a better bike all round IMO.

bruneep

Depending on one’s individual cockpit setup

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Actually, as thinking about it when I was out today. I think the offset bushings might be the way to go – the front end actually seems OK, just seems like the seatpost is a little steep/high.
    From reading some posts (one of them from Dave Turner) it seems the effect of the offset bushings is to sit you down more into the bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Angleset for Turner Sultan and tapered steerer fork’ is closed to new replies.